home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

HIS


Hunter Isaiah Smith is HIS. Our firstborn son was presented to God as a gift before he was born. We determined his initials would be HIS before we determined his name. He would just belong to God and be ours to borrow.

Today, I pray we've done well with what God has entrusted us with. Hunter is seven today. He loves life, baseball, people and most of all his friends. He is so sweet. I mean sweet as in he always is so considerate of others. Always. He's a comforter.

Hunter by name is a warrior. He is my warrior who never.stops.singing. My warrior worshiper, I call him. Like David. The boy sings in the shower, at the dinner table and in bed at night. He is always making a joyful noise! I love that about him. Even on the eighteen hour car trip to Orlando, I tried to constantly remind myself that the singing was good. I hope I can always hear his melody when I close my eyes. I pray he never stops singing a joyful song to our Lord.

He has had to put on his brave big boy shoes these last few months and mature in ways I never imagined. He's grown in ways I would give anything to protect him from but God made my warrior boy to walk this road with me too.

I cherish his prayers for God to heal me each day and I know with every note he sings, God is releasing life. I know with every song that comes from his lips, angels are warring. Hunter, I pray you never lose your song and you never forget whose you are. You are HIS!

"...applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into his presence." Psalm 100:1-2

Love,
Mommy

8 comments:

Queenmothermamaw said...

Oh Lisa what a beautiful story and a beautiful young man. Easter blessings to you all.
QMM

Alleluiabelle said...

Oh my sweet friend, this is such a beautiful and precious birthday tribute to your blessed son...Hunter Isaiah Smith.

Happy 7th Birthday Hunter! We have all come to know and love your mommy so much...keep singing Hunter...sing out loudly to the Lord. He hears your every heart song and it blesses the Lord and your mommy more than you know right now. Sing Hunter...Sing.

Love you all so much. My prayers continue to rise to the heavenlies for you dear Lisa and your beautiful precious family.

{{{Big Hugs}}}
Alleluiabelle

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Hunter.

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday to Hunter! You have a beautiful son. You are blessed to have him and he is blessed to have you for a mother!
You and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Ashley

Melanie said...

He is just precious! My little Isaac loves to sing too so I understand completely the joy it brings to have a little songbird in the house. :)

Happy Birthday Hunter! Hope you have a very special day!

with love,
Melanie
~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~

Bernie said...

Happy Birthday sweet Hunter, you have a mommy and daddy who love and a God who loves you even more.
May you always be as happy as you have made your parents (who are wonderful I know) many hugs sweet boy and many, many prayers for you and your family.......:-)

Melody said...

Brought tears to my eyes! Made me think of my own songbird.

Christie said...

Lisa,

I came to your blog by way of "It's Almost Naptime".

First, what a beautiful post and what a beautiful gift from God...

Second, I am a 7 year survivor of Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I have yet to read your whole story but I want you to know that I am praying for you! He is the Great Physician...

In Christ,
Christie
http://satisfactionthroughchrist.blogspot.com