home about speaking she cares resources contact

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cancer Bows

Bless the LORD, O my soul And all that is within me, bless his holy name…who heals all your diseases. Psalm 102:1 & 3

This started off my day today. It’s where my heart was when I walked into the house of the Lord this morning and tears started sliding down my cheeks because we were singing these words.

My anthem has become Healer by Kari Jobe. I believe you're my healer...You heal all my diseases… That’s a phrase that will stop and make you think. Especially if you have cancer.

I have never had the need to be healed of a “disease.” When I had a cold, sore throat or even a slightly more serious malady I would’ve asked for “healing,” maybe. But, I wouldn't have considered any of these a “disease.” No, not really, I've never had one before now. I've never really needed healing before now. Not me.

Before two months ago, I would have considered the disease I needed healing from to be the state of my heart. Yes, my heart is diseased. It is slimy and sinful and wretched and very, very sick without the Lord. But, my body was another story. It was fine. Or at least I thought. I listened to my body. I changed things when I thought I was getting too unhealthy. I just recently lost 30 pounds, make healthier eating choices and I was training for a marathon. I honestly had never been healthier. Or so I thought.

Today I ask God to heal all my diseases, to heal my body from cancer every day. Multiple times a day, I remind God of who he is, Healer of all my diseases.

And I wake up praising him with all that is within me and I go to bed praising him with all that is within me.

And, I am reminded that if all that is within me is praising God then even cancer is forced to bow to his holiness. And cancer bowing to the name of the Lord makes me happy.

“Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and mercies. He fills my life with good things…The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love…Let all that I am praise the Lord.” Psalm 103:1-4, 8 & 22 NLT

PS Along the lines of yesterday, Psalm 103:17-18 says, “But the love of the Lord remains forever with those who fear him. His salvation extends to the children’s children of those who are faithful to his covenant, of those who obey his commandments!”

Keep the faith,

8 comments:

Denise said...

Amen my precious sister, cancer must bow to our beloved, powerful, healing Father God. I love you.

Alleluiabelle said...

I love you my dear friend...such powerful Psalms and your words speak directly to my heart.

I pray along with you throughout this post and say Amen..."And, I am reminded that if all that is within me is praising God then even cancer is forced to bow to his holiness. And cancer bowing to the name of the Lord makes me happy." All praise, honor and glory are yours Almighty Father forever and ever more.

My prayers rise up to the heavenlies each and ever day my precious friend.

Big Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Bernie said...

I love the psalms Lisa.....always in my heart and prayers....:-) Hugs

Patrina said...

Very powerful, Lisa!! I hear your authority over this disease! I hear your trumpet sounding! Your Victory shout breaks through the thick substance that tries to hold you captive.

Indeed!! This Cancer must bow to the name above all names - the One and Only Jesus ! King of all kings - King over all our diseases! In Him and Him alone - we find our rest! Our healing!

These are powerful scriptures that the Lord has given you this day. and to think that He actually sung them over you this morning in church was as if He poured His healing oil over you. The fact that the song has remained in your spirit all day - is proof that He holds you in the palm of HIs hand. Keep singing His song, as He rejoices over you. He is the healer. I've been healed of many things - so has my dad - my mama. I always pray for total healing. He came that we might have LIFE not sickness and disease.

I pray God's strength into the weakened parts of your body that you might be able to stand in the face of the enemy and shout Victory over this disease. That the king of all Kings might be glorified through you, miss Lisa.

Amen and amen!

Love you, neighbor!

Patrina <")>><
His watchman on the wall

B His Girl said...

Praying you keep pressing on. The Lord is your strength. Keep using the faith you have been given. May the Lord's blessing of health fall on you. B

Deborah said...

Hi Lisa, keep the faith. I am praying for you.
xxoo
Deborah

Gretchen said...

Thank you for sharing this journey with us, and allowing us to pray with and for you, Dear Friend. Mad lurve.

Sheryl said...

wow, how did i miss this one? i am so glad you pointed it out to me in your comment.

all of my "diseases" must bow to HIM. how amazing is that!

sure do love ya. praying for you now.