home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Big Moment

I’ve been waiting for an instant. The one big moment I can know I’m healed of cancer. Maybe I’ll have a moment. Maybe I’ll have a series of moments I’m not sure how God will choose to sustain my life.

But I do know he will. Even if he chooses to take me to eternity with him before I turn 93, don’t misunderstand. He will still be sustaining my life this way. Forever. You see, all God’s promises are yes and amen. He is good.

I’ve been thinking about the miracles of Jesus. He didn’t only heal bodies; he healed hearts. I want a whole body. But today finds me thankful I have a whole heart.

My good friend, Suzy, wrote this: Your Love is the Real Miracle

I looked and in front of me I saw a bush on fire that was not being consumed. This must have been an amazing miracle for Moses to witness, I thought. “No, this was not a miracle,” I heard from somewhere deep inside.

I looked again and in front of me I saw a wall of water splitting in two, creating a pathway of dry ground for a nation of people to pass safely through to the other side. What an incredible miracle that was, I thought.

“No, this was not a miracle either,” I heard again.

Once more I looked and in front of me I saw a woman standing before others boldly proclaiming the gospel of hope. I recognized that woman and knew her failings; I knew her weaknesses and all of her mistakes. This must truly be a miracle I insisted to myself. That God would use someone like her to speak hope to others.

“No, this is not even a miracle,” was the response that came back to me.

Then I saw a man standing in front of that bush that refused to be consumed. He was broken, weary and afraid. Still he said yes to God. Yes, to the difficult path promised to him.

“That was the miracle,” I heard whispered in my heart.

I saw the One who governs the universe without a moment’s hesitation look upon a collection of stiff-necked people who had a history of rejecting Him, but that long ago had made a promise to never leave or forsake them.

“That was the miracle.” I heard again.

Finally, I saw that woman whose past failures and mistakes should have disqualified her from ever being an effective witness to one so perfect as Jesus. I saw that woman as a little girl, crying alone in her room wanting just for someone to say that her life mattered. I saw her grown, as she is today telling you this story; lying broken before the healer of our deepest wounds, crying out for that One to redeem her life for His glory…as unworthy as she knew she was.

And this time, I whispered what I now understood. “That was the miracle.”

Not that a bush refused to be consumed. Not that a body of water split in two. Not that a woman like her…like me, could speak messages of hope to multitudes.

But that the love of God is so deep and so wide and so vast that broken and afraid, sinful and rebellious people become the receiving end of that eternal love. And their lives are changed forever. And the world is changed forever because they believed in the One who gave them that love.

That is truly a miracle.

I love how she expresses our desire to see God’s hand move while still keeping his heart in proper perspective.

Be inspired today! And if you’ve never let God heal your heart, ask him today. Ask me how; I’d love to pray with you.

15 comments:

Tammy Real-McKeighan said...

What a marvelous and divinely inspired writing! May God continue to bless you so richly!

Tammy Real-McKeighan
Author of "Real Spiritual Spinach - Faith for the Journey."

Andrea said...

AMEN to Suzy's comment! I stand amazed as HE prepares the way before us. He continually gives you "exactly" what you need...every step of the way.
Hugs, andrea

TRUTH SHARER said...

Lisa:

You are MORE than INSPIRED today!
Girl --- You are ON FIRE for JESUS!!! May your passion consume another heart for Him!

Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
JESUS ONLY in 2010

Anita said...

What a depth and closeness to God you are having at this very challenging time. We should all have it.

Denise said...

Such a beautiful writing.

Tammy Real-McKeighan said...

Thank you SO much for your kind words about my dog, Jughead! It broke my heart when I lost him last Thursday. Thank you for being so understanding! God is using you in a powerful and wonderful way!

sonja said...

Oh boy Lisa.. you are preaching it sister!!

These words have such depth of meaning to each of us who read them. We all feel the frailty of what our own response might be to live in the midst of this journey, and it is a challenge and a call to stand tall in our faith wherever we are... just as we see you doing.

Without a doubt, these words are right from the heart of Jesus, as you are choosing Him each day!!

We're cheering on the sidelines!!

and praying...

Hugs!

Sonja

Bernie said...

Oh my dear sweet friend, God is using you to reach the hearts and souls of others.....to many others Lisa you.are.the.miracle.
Your words are powerful and you use them wisely, God trust his words with you knowing you will do them justice, be well my friend. Always in my heart and prayers.......:-) Hugs

Andrea said...

Oh My goodness... SO SO needed that today! Thank you thank you! Still praying for you every day.
Blessings
Andrea

Kathy said...

Hi Lisa,
I got your blog off the Sarcoma Alliance website. Stopped by to say hello. I have a Sarcoma as well and like to keep tabs on other patients.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

i absolutely enjoy all your writing way, very useful,
don't give up as well as keep creating because it simply nicely to follow it,
impatient to look at alot more of your posts, good bye!

Dionna said...

Beautiful post, Lisa.

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Awesome, friend. I love this post.

Sandy

Joey said...

I just know God smiles down on you! I'm praying for you. God will provide.

My Grandma used to say the same thing to me... "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

Warren Baldwin said...

Inspiring. Prayers continue for you.