home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

And the Winner is...

The winner of the One Million Arrows book is Melody who left a comment at 4:16 PM. Contact me via email with your address so I can send you your book!

At this point we will probably reschedule our appointment with Dr. Hunt for after Spring Break so we can use our last insurance-approved appointment to discuss a course of treatment. Of course, this won't be possible until after the pathology comes back with a definitive diagnosis. So that's where we are with that.

I also want to clarify my statement in the previous post about healthcare reform. That was not an endorsement for President Obama's proposed healthcare reform. From my limited knowledge of his proposed reform, all US citizens would be on a Scott and White type health plan except worse; there would be no choice or privilege to appeal, complain and fight the network and system to try to get the proper and best treatment. Although, I hate this fight with Scott and White, I do realize that I am fortunate to live in a country where I am allowed to complain and fight. It is so frustrating to sit in MD Anderson's waiting rooms and see citizens of many other countries represented while our own citizens cannot get approval to utilize our own country's top medical treatment facilities. Every person regardless of nationality or citizenship has the right to live and to receive the best treatment available that gives them the best ammunition to fight for their lives. So to the president's proposed healthcare reform, I say ummm...no thanks. Maybe the word I want to publicize is something more like, know as much as you can about your health insurance before signing on the dotted line and fight for your rights and don't settle or take anyone's word for what your best and optimal treatment is. Get informed.

Off my soapbox now...

I also wanted to apologize that all my link love from last week failed to take you there. So visit these folks, you'll enjoy it!
My mother aka mother of miracles
Sandy my long lost and last year found (bloggy but feels like birth) sis
They're in the bloggy in-crowd and coming to visit Sunday
HisGirl and Sing4Joy

1 comment:

Denise said...

Congrats to the winner.