home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Waiting Room

We are sitting the waiting room here at MD Anderson. We are waiting. We are waiting for answer, waiting for help, waiting for God to show up with a last second miracle. Isn't that how He works? When we are so desperate we can only cling to him, he is always there never giving up, never letting go, never letting us down.

I am fighting hard. We are fighting hard. We have many battles to fight right now. The battles are many, the one for life, the one for treatment and the one for patient rights. We are finding ourselves incredulous to the fact that it can be this hard to live so close to the best treatment in the world and still not have access to it. I am reminded that this is a reason that so many have given their very lives for our freedom. This is the reason we need to take our right to vote and be heard in America seriously. I'm not a "political" person as I've felt smart enough to wrap my head around "issues." HOWEVER, I will now make sure my voice is heard advocating for patient's rights.

Starting Monday we will pay $1200 per month for our family to get the healthcare coverage we need only to realize that if we are diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, this coverage is not enough. No amount of money can get us the care we need and deserve? This is not right. Scott and White is a prime example of why our nation's healthcare system needs reform!

Please join our group to make your voice known. Scott and White is listening.

Even in this major storm I am reminded that God's ways are different than mine and that vengeance alone is his. He will deliver justice even in this!

say to those with fearful hearts,
"Be strong, do not fear;
your God will come,
he will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
he will come to save you." Isaiah 35:4

of course, The Message for all of us "hard of hearing"
Energize the limp hands,
strengthen the rubbery knees.
Tell fearful souls,
"Courage! Take heart!
God is here, right here,
on his way to put things right
And redress all wrongs.
He's on his way! He'll save you!" Isaiah 35:3-4 The Message


14 comments:

Melanie said...

Still praying that God will move in a mighty way. So many are lifting you up this very moment in petition to our God. I appreciate your faith even in the waiting... which for me is always hardest (patience is NOT my strong point!) Lots of love to you.

~ "My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him" Psalm 62:5

nancygrayce said...

I'm stunned that S&W is refusing this. I hope you're doing media with this!

Praying!

Julie Gillies said...

I am beyond fed up that insurance companies utterly control health care. It's ridiculous and inhumane.

Praying, Lisa.

Tea With Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry to read about the battle for health care. :(

Praying for a miracle.

Andrea said...

I, too am in a battle for health-care. Thankfully, at this moment I am not sitting in your shoes needed an urgent test/surgery with my life in what seems like a bunch of selfish idiots hands. I say all this to let you know...I am truly storming the heavens on your behalf.
Hugs, andrea

Alleluiabelle said...

Precious Friend,

I have been speechless. This whole insurance situation is absolutely ridiculous and INHUMANE on their part. I'm not a political savvy person myself, but when it comes to our health and saving lives...I would march up the steps of the White House with you and plead your case from my heart to the President of the United States himself!

My mind, heart and prayers are with you and your family sweet one and I'm praying so hard this day that the answers you need to hear will come in the glorious name of our Almighty Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I love you so much.

Peace & Big Hugs to you and your husband,
Alleluiabelle

Patty said...

Still praying. May God give you peace, wisdom, and compass you with His great love.

Anonymous said...

I have been praying! I am asking the Lord to remember when He changed the King's evil heart in Esther 6....it was the very night before Haman was to kill Mordecai! Oh Lord...that you would change the hearts of these people...we WILL TRUST YOU with Lisa's life!!
Kelly

sunshine said...

Your strength and faith amaze me daily. I'm proud of you for advocating for yourself and future patients...

Bernie said...

Just reading your post now as I was with a very ill friend most of the day......oh I hate cancer so much.

I hope that during this time you have received some answers Lisa, everyone deserves health care. It is just wrong to live so close to the best care possible and yet you are unable to access it without dollars......who can put a dollar sign on the life of a mother, wife and daughter.(especially when insurance companies make so much in profits) oh it does make me angry.
Am praying for you....go into surgery sweetie knowing that everything is going to be okay, all will work out...give everything over to God as you drift off to sleep to a healthier you. It will all work our Lisa I just know it......always in my heart and prayers......:-) Hugs

B His Girl said...

Crazy to have what you need available and yet still be waiting. I think they should put themselves in your shoes. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Praying for God to move mountains for you. Hang in there. Love and hugs, B

Susan said...

Standing with you Lisa.

God is faithful and your faith is a great testimony to this.

Keep holding on as we carry you now in prayer till you are completely healed!

Denise said...

Prayers continue sis, love you.

Robyns said...

Lisa:
I just saw your story on Linda Roedel's fb page. I am sorry for what you are having to fight, both the cancer and Scott and White. I will be praying for both of the issues as I pray for so many others battling cancer as well. I love your blog and I am a fellow "cheetah" lover as well. :)
I wonder if one of our illustrious Congressmen or women were fighting the same issues, if this would even be an issue for you. It is high time that they start taking care of the American people instead of themselves alone. Don't get me wrong, I am not wishing this disease on anyone, far from it. I just have to wonder if they fought the same issues as the electorate, if health care would be in the same shape it is in? Keep fighting, keep the faith, and keep on blogging. Everyone can make a difference by the things they do, people they touch, and ideas they launch...you have already made a difference in me.
In His Name,
Robyn Scharlach