home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Today's Update: Part 1



I am labeling this part 1, with the hopes that as soon as I post this Dr. Hunt will call and I will have good reason for part 2. We have been waiting for Dr. Hunt’s call since early this morning.

Right now, my tests are scheduled for March 10-11, which won’t work with my insurance approval. My insurance plan changes February 28 so that I have some different fees (many more higher fees than my current co-pay). MD Anderson is aware of this and we are working together to try to get tests and surgery scheduled before March 1. So for now, we are waiting on this. Waiting for answers, waiting for appointments, just waiting.

Dr. Hunt is supposed to call me to go over the results of my PET scan. I received the report yesterday afternoon and my general practitioner advised me to go over the results with Dr. Hunt. The PET scan shows an abnormal tissue mass in my right hemipelvis or pelvic cavity. It is outside all organs which is good but it is still there which raises all kinds of new questions. The good news is that my lungs and liver are clear of abnormal tissue. Yaay! Yesterday MD Anderson's offices were closed for President’s Day so we are waiting. Waiting for a call, waiting for answers, just waiting.

We are waiting for Dr. Hunt’s letter to be edited and faxed to Scott & White Health Plan requesting that the surgery to SAVE MY BREAST be done in Houston by Dr. Hunt.

How I wish I could just submit one final letter of request to Scott & White Health Plan in Temple and they would just say that yes, all of my cancer treatment could be done and administrated in Houston at the best cancer center in the world! However, I know this is unlikely and the battle will continue to rage, at least for the time being. With yesterday being President’s Day, I spent time contemplating the fact that we live in this great nation marked by a freedom many have given the ultimate sacrifice for. I am trying to be thankful that I live in a country where I CAN fight to receive the care I want and deserve instead of being overwhelmed and frustrated that I have to fight for it.

I hope to post another update shortly…

And, in my waiting I'm reminded...

But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired...For the creation (nature) was subjected to frailty (to futility, condemned to frustration), not because of some intentional fault on its part, but by the will of Him Who so subjected it--[yet] with the hope. That nature (creation) itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and corruption [and gain an entrance] into the glorious freedom of God's children. Isaiah 40:31 & Romans 8:20-21


13 comments:

Renee Swope said...

Waiting with you...waiting for that call, waiting for answers, just waiting and praying. My prayer is that you will not grow weary or lose hope while you are waiting my friend.

Psalm 5:3
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

Psalm 130:5
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.

Isaiah 30:18
Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

Holding onto hope and believing GOd to move mountains for you!

Love,
Renee

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

praying that you get a good call very soon

Sheryl said...

how is that i always end up with a smile on my face as i finish reading your posts?!

praying that God moves mountains.

love you.

Bernie said...

So hoping that Dr. Hunt calls soon. You are the most patient and gracious woman I know.
I am praying that everything will be completed by March 1st and that your insurance company will not make you fight for them to cover you. You have to focus on fighting Cancer....that is more than enough.
Am keeping you and your family in my heart and prayers always, love you......:-) Hugs

Denise said...

Waiting with you sis, love you.

Gigi said...

Waiting is sooooo hard. But as we wait, I keep hearing, "Be still and know that I am God."

He has it all worked out to His glory - already!!!!

(((hugs)))

B His Girl said...

The Word is living and active in you! Keep remembering what the Lord says. The Lord is a strong tower and the righteous run to it. Hide in Him. Praying for all the things you need to conquer this disease and keep walking. Much love and hugs to you, B

sonja said...

waiting right alongside of you Lisa, as we all pray and continue to trust for God's answers to every one of these questions.

Jeremiah 33:2,3 (The Message)
"This is God's Message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: 'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.'
We KNOW He has all of Lisa'a answers!

Love you,

Sonja

Deborah said...

Lisa, I am praying for you and your family. I pray that you will get the BEST medical care there is for you. Blessings, Deborah

Smelling Coffee said...

Praying for you, Lisa!!!

Jennifer

Nana Jul said...

Be still and Know! Those are the words my Mom used to tell me all the time.
Love you Lisa,
Julie

Mandy Rhoden said...

Praying for you, knowing God will wrap His arms of strength around you and hold you up when you need it most. Mandy

Rachel Olsen said...

Prayed for you this morning, Lisa.

May you be refeshed today with His prescence.

Blessings ~ Rachel