home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Today: Message and Update!!

I totally forgot...
But today I am guest posting over at Sandy's place, God Speaks Today. Sandy and I met last January through our experiences at The P31 Girls Night Out. (I'm coming back later to link up those experiences here so you can share them)

We both left a jillion separate and non-related comments on each other's blogs saying, "Did I write that?" and "Are you me?" The conclusion we came to is that we are, in fact, sisters separated at birth or born to different mothers or something like that.

Anyway, enjoy Sandy's place (there's a link at the end) and pray for her because she's at a writer's conference peddling a special little book that God has called her to write about a special little boy, her little boy, Noah. This special little book is his great big legacy. Her story is compelling, inspiring and deep. Please go share it with her. She'd like that. And say a prayer because y'all are super great at that and I'd like it if you'd bless my sister.

And...drum roll please...
MDA called and my testing is scheduled to begin next Wednesday and Thursday. Yaay!
The amazing Tamara called to tell me and check on me today. She really made my day! She also informed me that Dr. Hunt will be calling tomorrow to discuss the PET scan as she's been in clinic or something like that for two days.

Keep the prayers coming!

To read what I had to say about God speaking today, click here.

10 comments:

Denise said...

My prayers will not stop, love you.

Andrea said...

Praising GOD for your call from MD Anderson and all HE is doing in and through your life.

I have an urgent prayer request on arise 2 write.
Big hugs, andrea

mrs. smith said...

woohoo! awesome news!

Deborah said...

The prayers are coming your way! This is good news about your testing to begin sooner than later! YEAH!!!

Alleluiabelle said...

Oh my dear friend I am so happy that things are finally moving along more quickly...awesome news. My prayers continue to be said for you.

Love you so much,
Alleluiabelle

Bernie said...

Prayers are coming from Canada...so glad you will have the the test done so soon.....keeping you and your family always in my heart, thoughts and prayers....:-) Hugs

Ana said...

Wonderful news!!!

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Too funny that we posted the same things about each other. Sisters....

And no, I can't imagine if you would have agreed to go with me. God is so faithful to lead us, isn't He?

And I'm thrilled about your latest news. Praying daily for you, dear friend.

Love,
Sandy

Terri Ratcliffe said...

PTL - God is Awesome!!!!! This was in my Bible reading today...Romans 12:12- 13 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need."
So glad to be praying with you and for you!
Love ya Lady,
~ Terri

Donna said...

That is wonderful news and we will keep praying for you - and your family. We stand with you believing for a good report - the report of the Lord!

Also enjoyed your post over at Sandy's place. It's something because the other week I felt the Lord telling me the same thing - to write more. It has been a challenge carving out the time to do so. I too have tried to go back to yesterday's thoughts and it just wouldn't work. Thanks for the word today. It gave me some guidance.

Thank you Lisa for sharing your journey with us. We know you are in the thick of things, but I know your words have truly ministered to me.

Blessings to you and your family and friends!