home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Surgery Scheduled

Surgery has been scheduled for 10:45 in the morning. I will go to MD Anderson at 7:30 for tests and pre-op appointments. This surgery is a miracle on all accounts. Praise God for his faithfulness and that He always cares for his own. I can't wait to tell you all the drama, tight spots and wide spaces where God was working today but tonight, we're exhausted.

Kathy will post from here on out and she may know a little more than even this offers. I'm keeping it short and heading to bed. We know this is but the beginning of what God has in store for my health. We are sure we are on the road to recovery.

Please send your praises before, during and after my surgery. We know that we know that we know that we are in the best earthly hands possible with Dr. Hunt and her team. We will fight to get her expertise, wisdom and experience on our side no matter what we must do.

We are believing for a good and cancer-free report. Dr. Hunt and her amazing team have quickly taken up residency in our hearts as have Tamara, Tanika and all the ladies in the business office. We'd also like to give a shout out to Fred Brown and tell all you Bryan-College Station residents that your tax dollars are hard at work on my behalf. And, I'd like to tell all you residents of heaven that your prayers are moving a great God on my behalf. Yet again, you have left me humbled beyond words.

My fervent prayer (as so many of you have prayed) today:

When I call, give me answers. God, take my side! Once, in a tight place, you gave me room;
Now I'm in trouble again: grace me! hear me! You rabble—how long do I put up with your scorn? How long will you lust after lies? How long will you live crazed by illusion?

Look at this: look Who got picked by God! He listens the split second I call to him.

Complain if you must, but don't lash out. Keep your mouth shut, and let your heart do the talking. Build your case before God and wait for his verdict.
Psalm 4:1-5 The Message

and my prayer for tomorrow:
I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:8 (NIV)




7 comments:

Lori Enzor said...

Lisa,
Your verse for tomorrow is a verse that my dad set to a tune when I was a little girl. It is one that I sing to my boys when they wake w/nightmares. It is dear to my heart and I will sing it with you tomorrow. Remind me and I will sing it for you. What a fitting verse. It has brought me much comfort over the years. I love you girl! Sleep well and know that you are resting in His hands. Goodnight!

sonja said...

And oh my goodness Lisa... how we will be praying tomorrow!! As you go in there and when you come out, you are going to be surrounded by so many prayers. Our God is hearing every one of them! And HE is going right into the OR with you in the morning.

I would have given you the same verse you just ended with... Lay down in peace, and sleep tonight, He's got the night shift, and all is well...

Big hugs!

Sonja

His Girl said...

WHOOOO HOOOOOO! praying like crazy, amiga!

Bernie said...

Good luck Lisa, am praying for you to rest well tonight and that all goes well tomorrow. I know you will be okay, I know God and his angels will never leave you. Will be watching for Kathy's update tomorrow. God Bless you sweetie, many, many hugs......:-)

AnooCre8ion said...

Hi Lisa, I only saw your story today but even today I wad declaring the word over you that cancer should not have dominion in your body. Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and no sickness or disease has any right to live there. I believe you are already healed and we are just waiting for the manifestation.
You are a lovely woman of God.

blessings,
vickie

Denise said...

I love you sis, praying.

Patty said...

So glad for you and your family. Still praying.