home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Suffering and Passion

In this all-out match against sin, others have suffered far worse than you, to say nothing of what Jesus went through—all that bloodshed! So don't feel sorry for yourselves. Or have you forgotten how good parents treat children, and that God regards you as his children? Hebrews 12:4-7 The Message

To say that fighting cancer is an "all-out match against sin" is a fair statement. Sin and man's fallen state brought cancer into the world. I also know that God can, is and will continue to use cancer for His glory and His good purpose in my life.

We can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good. Romans 8:28 The Message

One thought that I have spent many long hours meditating on since my diagnosis is this: I wish I was the only one in the world who ever had to go through this. The first time I had that thought, I heard God's voice.

That's how Jesus felt. And no one will ever have to suffer like He did.

What an amazing thought. Although we will join with Him in His sufferings, it will never compare to the cross.

For God’s will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time. Hebrews 10:10

But it is in our suffering, more passion for Him is released in our lives. Lord, may my suffering be a fragrant offering to you.

There's more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary—we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit! Romans 5:3-5 The Message

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Continuing to storm the heavens on your behalf,
andrea

nancygrayce said...

God is using you right now! I can't wait to hear miracle after miracle!

Jen said...

You are truly inspirational!!!

Queenmothermamaw said...

God is so guiding you in this. Thank you for sharing.
QMM

sonja said...

Okay Lisa... was "The Message" written for you and for this time, or what??? Your scriptures selections are unbeleivable...for YOU, and for us!

HUGS!

Sonja

Denise said...

You are such a beautiful, brave warrior.

Loren said...

YES. BEAUTIFUL. BRAVE. WARRIOR! I couldn't say it any better than Denise already did!

Bernie said...

Oh Lisa I felt the same way when going through my trials, I thought if I had to go through this why can't I go through it for everyone, I didn't want anyone else to feel the pain of it all.

God is working through you my friend and you are helping others more than you could ever know. God loves you, he knows you will always give him the glory, your faith is so strong and I am so very proud of you.....just imagine how God feels about you.

Stay strong, always in my heart and prayers.....:-) Hugs

Alleluiabelle said...

Sweet Friend,

I just got on the computer to check up on you and when I read your post and the Scripture selections...what a definite confirmation this is for me this night. I wasn't feeling well...bad abdominal aching all throughout last night and today and tonight and as I was suffering through that today I thanked the Lord and said, "Thank you for dying on the cross for me, for all. My suffering is nothing in comparison to what you went through, nothing. Thank you Jesus." Now I just came here right now and you have posted this...that was a very very strong confirmation to me of how I was feeling today as I thanked Him today. He is touching us, oh yes He is touching us...The Lord is speaking to us, all of us...He is using you my friend through your suffering and endurance for His glory, oh yes He surely is.

Thank you Lord. Thank you beautiful Lisa. I am in awe right now at everything I just read and experienced today.

I'm praying for your complete healing, to be cancer free by His divine healing touch and I am looking forward to hearing many more testimonies from you and so many as we all stand together in unity with you and for one another in deep prayer, loving praise, honor and glorifying Him to the highest that is humanly possible.

Love you so much.

Big Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Edie said...

Just checking in on you. Still praying for you.

Much love~

Mrs. said...

God is using you in ways you cannot even imagine. I have shared your grace and faith with friends and co-workers. You are truly walking out your faith. Praying for you. You are precious in his sight.