home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Streams

The Lord is reminding me this morning that there are streams in the desert of waiting.
"And now, here's what I'm going to do:
I'm going to start all over again.
I'm taking her back out into the wilderness
where we had our first date, and I'll court her.
I'll give her bouquets of roses. (sunflowers)
I'll turn Heartbreak Valley into Acres of Hope.
She'll respond like she did as a young girl,
those days when she was fresh out of Egypt" (captivity).
Hosea 2:14-15
One of my favorite passages and the Lord so gently led me to read it in The Message last night. I've been clinging to His Word, The Word ever since. Let's enter heaven's gates with praise as we wait for our Yes!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Storming the heavens with you!!
Hugs, andrea

Cindy (Letters From Midlife) said...

One of my favorite scriptures is Psalms 22:3 that basically says God inhabits the praise of his people. I'm reminded of that in your post.

One thing the Lord has led me to is intercessory prayer for others - something he showed me I could effectively all those years as a mom at home. When I join others in prayer for you, I don't take it lightly. I'll be checking daily for updates and am specifically praying for your upcoming surgery.

Job 11:18 - You will have courage because you will have hope. You will be protected and will rest in safety. (NLT)

B His Girl said...

I'm praying for you Lisa. I know He sees,hears,and loves you. Look expectantly for Him. b

Patty said...

Simply praying. Knowing there are no greater hands to leave you in.

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Oh friend...your FAITH is truly amazing.

Know that I'm DAILY lifting you up with MUCH..MUCH prayer!

Praying that God PEACE...is so real in your heart and life today.

sonja said...

Lisa:

The scriptures God has lead you to during these days are absolutely amazing! Could they fit you any better? Were they written for you?
Of course they were! Praying, praying, praying....

Hugs!

Sonja

Bernie said...

As always I am praying. I have been thinking about you, your husband and the children this morning. Your life has been turned upside down and so has the lives of your family...your poor mom must be so worried. I thank God you have their love and support and I thank God they have each other for love and support. Am so praying for all of you...just wish I were closer, I want so badly to be able to help......My heart is full of love and prayers for all of you.........:-) Hugs

Denise said...

Praying with you, and for you sis.