home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, February 22, 2010

The Promised Call

As you might have guessed, it's well past 5:30 my time and the promised call updating me on the progress made toward getting Scott & White Health Plan to say yes to Friday's surgery never came. I am hoping that Dr. Hunt called Dr. Peterson today to plead my case. I am hoping that I will hear good news tomorrow...or at least by Thursday.

Please join me in raising some praise up to heaven tonight as we remind God of his own history. It's a beautiful history of a loving and powerful God who provides miracles at the very last second for his people. It's a history rich with moving mountains and parting seas.

Let us make a joyful noise as we chase away worry, fear and that crazed monster inside us all who hates a visible lack of plans because we know...He doesn’t just have “a” plan, He has “the” plan.

Even if I'm not sure what the plan for my life holds, I know the One who made the master plan.

I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. Jeremiah 29:11

I tried to relieve your fears: "Don't be terrified of them. God, your God, is leading the way; he's fighting for you. You saw with your own eyes what he did for you in Egypt; you saw what he did in the wilderness, how God, your God, carried you as a father carries his child, carried you the whole way until you arrived here. But now that you're here, you won't trust God, your God—this same God who goes ahead of you in your travels to scout out a place to pitch camp, a fire by night and a cloud by day to show you the way to go." Deuteronomy 1:29-33

Pray I can remember who God is and trust him in this wilderness of waiting. That's all I need you to do right now, in case you're wondering, just pray. Remember that our God who goes before me is fighting for me.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

GOD will relieve your fears and prepare the way before you. He has a perfect plan! There are far more than I storming the heavens on your behalf. Sending "great big cyber" hugs to you, my sweet friend.
Andrea

PS: Yes, sitka does have an award for you...it is several posts down, now. It is the prolific writer award and you most certainly deserve it if you would like to have it. You/your blogs serve to make a difference in the lives of others...you are real and you share "the good, the bad, and the ugly." We all thank GOD for you and what you stand for!

Moshelle said...

Hey Lisa! I'm just finishing my prayer time for you this evening. I want you to know that I think of you constantly these days and you are often my first thought when I wake up in the morning. I prayed Ephesians 1: 15-19 for you this evening (we've been studying Ephesians in my woman's bible study). Although it sounds like these are the truths you are already clinging too, I figure it doesn't hurt to keep praying that through this week you continue to remember your hope, inheritance and power that you have as a child of God. Love you!

Jen said...

Praying....

B His Girl said...

My friend and I had a long conversation today about the 'wilderness'. Most of the time we think of the wilderness as a bad thing but there are some benefits of being there.
God leads people there. AW Tozer said, "We cannot think rightly of God until we begin to think of Him as always being there, and there first." Lisa you are not alone. God is fully aware of everything. I add my prayers for healing to take place in your body as you wait. The Lord does have a plan for you. Love, B

Denise said...

Praying for you, and loving you.

Bernie said...

I am just going into my prayer time for you Lisa, I will pray with every breath I take that God's plan will be shown to you, erase your worries and fears and keep you in his perfect image.
Know that I love you and am praying for you and your family always......:-) Hugs

Nana Jul said...

Oh yes, prayers are going up, and Jesus is interceding on our behalf!! Ps 91:15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him!
Love,
Julie

Gigi said...

It's okay sweetie...He knows who YOU are...He has NOT forgotten YOU!

He is the Master Architect and your plans are safe in His Hands.

You are safe in His Hands.