home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, February 19, 2010

Onward and Forward

Worry weighs us down, a cheerful word picks us up.
Proverbs 15:25

This was in my Bible reading for this morning. Your cheerful words have picked me up and prepared me to fight for another day. The amazing Tamara called first thing this morning to encourage us and remind us that we are part of the MD Anderson family and they are all pulling for us there. We have every reason to believe we will get the letter we need from Dr. Hunt today and the answer we are seeking from Scott & White Health Plan will hopefully not be far behind. That is our prayer. Would you make it yours? Believe with me, seek with me, rejoice with me.

The Lord has reminded me once again that the answers I am searching for will not be found in doctors, insurance companies or medical test results. The answers lie with Him. He is the answer. I felt yesterday that so many swords and shields were raised in battle that I was shadowed from God's presence. It was dark.

Then I read this on B's blog
By an act of faith, he turned his heel on Egypt, indifferent to the king's blind rage. He had his eye on the One no eye can see, and kept right on going. ( Heb 11:27-28 from THE MESSAGE)

This is what I read
By an act of faith, Lisa turned his heel on medicine, indifferent to cancer's blind rage. She has her eye on the One no eye can see, and kept right on going.

Pray for me to keep right on going.

Forward and Onward,

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Isn't God's Word the BEST counsel you can receive? The doctors and healthcare are great. But you know the Great Physician. And He holds you in His hands.

I'm praying for you Lisa; asking for His peace to invade your life today.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Melanie said...

Oh Abba, mine and Lisa's...our Daddy,
How many times have I called your name. You alone know. You alone can make things right. You alone. Even in the dark, Your Eye is watching. Even in heat of battle, in the shadow of the enemy's sword, Your righteous anger stirs for me...for Lisa. You are the One. You are the One.
I cry out for my sister, Lisa. My tears fall for Lisa. My heart hopes for Lisa.
Oh, Abba, our Abba. Save. Deliver. The mountains melt like wax in Your presence.
In our Elder bother's, precious name, Amen. Amen. Amen.
Love,
Melanie

Andrea said...

AMEN!! Continuing to believe and storm the heavens in prayer with you.
Hugs, andrea

nancygrayce said...

He already knows the plan! He arranged it from before the foundation of the earth! Just lean on those everlasting arms!

I continue to lift up your requests and you and your family!

Bernie said...

I have raised you in prayer Lisa, I know God hears me and I know his will, will be done. He will never forsake you nor turn away from you, and I know you will never turn away from him....I pray Dr. Hunt writes the much needed letter today, I pray your insurance company responds positively and I pray you and your family bask in the glow of the love you have for each other this weekend......:-) Hugs

Charity said...

Praying!!! I couldn't agree more with what Debbie said...
God bless!

Melanie said...

Lisa,
I just discovered your blog, and I wanted to let you know that I am praying earnestly for you. I saw pink and animal print, and thought I have found a friend indeed! :)

In times of despair and uncertainty, Satan wants us to give up and question if God really cares. It would be SO easy to do, but I am so inspired by your beautiful trust in God and your continued focus on Him. You are a shining light! Keep at it, girlfriend!

You are my sister in Christ, and I pray that God will use this sickness and your wonderful ministry to bring glory to His precious name.

With love,
Melanie

Tea With Tiffany said...

onward and forward with prayers...

Kellie said...

Praying for you Safari Girl! You come to my mind several times a day...and when you do I pray. He's the lifter of your head.

Denise said...

Keep standing firmly upon the Word of God.