home about speaking she cares resources contact

Saturday, February 20, 2010

New Hair & Bowling

We decided to have some fun today. You know, it's Saturday. That means no doctors will call, no insurance companies will call, no hospitals will call. Which means I don't have to answer the phone!

Time for a little fun.

The local family fun center, Grand Station, generously donated LOTS of gift cards to us. So...we bowled, played laser tag and lots of video games. Let's just say this was the first time we told the children it was time to go and they didn't beg for more quarters!! Thank you, to our friend Bill and Grand Station!!!

I thought you would enjoy some photos of the day. I also thought you'd like to take a peek at my new hair color. I've always wanted to go really, really blonde and have done it a little at a time by sticking my little toe a little into the water each time. I've always left a tad of my original color in my hair. Well, yesterday, not so. I erased all trace of the dark, dark brown mess growing older and having babies has done to my hair. I love it! and I love Charlotte! She's the best! If you want a new style, you should go to Chrome. I went drastic because, well, if I don't like it, it might not last very long. haha But no fear, I love it!! Did I say that already? So at least Charlotte knows how I want my wig if I do have chemo. I love you, Charlotte.

Without further delay, here are the photos.








There's an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on the earth...A right time to cry and another to laugh. Ecclesiastes 3:1 & 4

23 comments:

Missy said...

Love. Love. Love the new do! Also love seeing you all have fun! - Missy King

nancygrayce said...

Your hair is really pretty and I like the color! I'm so glad you could have a fun, family day! You all needed a break from phones and all the other stuff!

sonja said...

What a great way to spend the day, just a good time with the faamily and lots of fun!! I LOVE the blonde hair, looks like you've always been a blonde!

Hugs!

Sonja

Bernie said...

Wonderful photo's, the kids are gorgeous and you all look so happy. I think it is wonderful to have a fun filled day with family.....just what you all need.......always in my heart and prayers......:-) Hugs

Vickie said...

I think you look fabulous, Lisa! It's good to do something for yourself. So glad you all had a nice family day. Keep your chin up; the Lord is good!

Deborah said...

I LOVE the new color! I have been every color under the sun... LOL
Your kids are adorable! Don't you just love weekends!
xxoo
Deborah

TRUTH SHARER said...

Lisa:

And cancer or no cancer -----
these are the times of your life!!
Precious! Love the new 'do'!

{{Hugs}} Stephanie

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

This will be a forever memory for you and your family Lisa! Thank you so much for showing us a pictoral journey of your day! You look fabulous! Praying next week will go great!

Love ya,
Marilyn...in Mississippi

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

I just love your hair! What a great family time :)

Gigi said...

Fun, family and laughter...priceless!

Debbie said...

I LOVE it. It really does suit you well. Glad you had a fun day with your family.

Denise said...

You, and your family are so beautiful. I love your hair sweetie.

Alleluiabelle said...

Oh your just so darn beautiful! I love your new hair color too. These pictures of your family time are awesome and I love the smiles. Beautiful family precious friend...just beautiful.

My sister has already talked with her hairdresser too about the whole wig thing and she just got her hair done two days ago...you two are in sync here.

I love you Lisa and my thoughts and prayers are always with you.

Big Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Terri Ratcliffe said...

Wow!!! Lisa, I love your hair! You are so beautiful...(as always)
I am so glad you and your family were able to have a fun special day! I know these are treasured moments now and always! We love you guys! continuing to lift you up!
~Terri and Matt
;o)

LeNeveu Family said...

Love the new hair - color and cut both ! So glad ya'll had an awesome time as a family ! Praying for good news on monday

Cindy Bultema said...

What GREAT family pics! What a blessing to see how God is infusing you with His strength, peace, and joy during this difficult time. Thank you for sharing!!
Praying for you!
Cindy :)

Melanie said...

Love the blond! You can test the 'blonds have more fun' theory and let us know what you think! ;) What a beautiful family! Looks like your day was blessed with lots of smiles, love, and laughter. Praying for you on good days and bad... and will keep on!

Just Breathe said...

Love the hair, it looks wonderful.
All the pictures look like it was a fun time. I bowl in a league on Tuesday mornings. I've been in it for like 18 years. I'm not good but it is a Vegas league to I get to Las Vegas each year!!

Melanie said...

Love the family pics...thumbs up on the blonde...been considering going really light myself...on the fence though.
Love YOU.
Melanie

Growin' with it! said...

what a beautiful smile on your face and your family's too. looks like a wonderful day.

Kelly Combs said...

Your hair looks great! And looks like a wonderful family day. You needed it. So glad for you all.

B His Girl said...

Yes, the color is very good and natural looking with you skin tone. How fun to not need quarters and just play. I know this was good for all. B

Tea With Tiffany said...

Love your hair. Love these pics.

Laughter is my favorite sound. That, and singing...