home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

MDA Arrival

Hi! This is Kathy Scott, filling in for Lisa this evening. She and Andrew arrived at MDA this afternoon, had dinner with a couple of sweet friends, and settled into their suite next to MDA. The children are with friends and family until their mom and dad arrive back home this week-end. Lisa is scheduled to see doctors tomorrow and Thursday, and surgery is scheduled for Friday.

Please continue to pray for the surgery that is scheduled. Insurance has not approved the surgery. It's our prayer that the insurance will be approved in time for her to have the surgery, and that the surgery is a huge success with healing. Lisa shared that the cancer has grown from a marble size to a walnut size, and is clearly visible now. Time is of the essence!

I'm so amazed at how much love you all have for one another. For someone that is introverted like I tend to be, it has been such a joy to witness the love that Lisa and Andrew's friends have for one another. Immeasurable lessons have been learned by actually seeing people genuinely care and give during this trial.

So often in my past, I would say prayers for those in trials or in need, but I lacked the fortitude to take action and "do" for others. My lack of confidence would tell me that they really didn't need my action, or I would only be in the way.

I prayed and prayed for friendships, and I knew that it would take great effort on my part to step out of my shell. Lisa made it so easy though. We constantly ran into each other at church, and then I ended up meeting up with her again when I joined Keller Williams. One year later, we became business partners. It took everything in me to step outside of my comfort zone and become friends, but I believed that she was an answer to my prayer. I had to take the steps to accept the gift of friendship that the Lord was giving me.

I've been so blessed by witnessing your love for one another. The giving of prayer time, support, nurturing, and physical gifts of time, food, caring for children, and their home, have been imeasurable. You all have been such a witness of what real love and friendship for one another is about.

John 13:34 says, "Love one another. As I have loved you, you must love one another." That's what you have shown me, people actually loving one another in a genuine way. I'm so thankful for this Glad Chatter group and Lisa's friends that love God so much, and live this verse. Thank you!

In His love,

Kathy



10 comments:

Alleluiabelle said...

Oh I am so excited that things are moving along quickly for Lisa now and my prayers are still fervently being said for this entire situation, for the insurance approval to go through immediately and for miraculous healing in Jesus precious name. Oh what a mighty mighty God we have.

Thank you Kathy for posting and keeping us up-to-date.

I love you Lisa!!

Big Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Bernie said...

I am happy that Lisa is now in Houston and being taken care of. She is so special, I am praying for her, Andrew, their children and all her friends and family who are caring for her children....and also for you Kathy as you step in to keep us posted.

Thank you as this beautiful family is always in my thoughts, heart and prayers.
.......:-) Hugs

Denise said...

I am praying for dear Lisa, will not stop.

Patty said...

Thank you for sharing an update, Kathy. I am praying for Lisa and her family. God Bless.

Gigi said...

Kathy, thank you for the update and for your part in Lisa's story!

Praying for you, dear Lisa...doors will be opened. Believe!!

Andrea said...

Continuing to storm the heavens on Lisa's behalf.
Hugs,
andrea

Cindy (Letters From Midlife) said...

Thank you for the update. I'm continuing to pray!

nancygrayce said...

Praying so that the insurance approves the surgery! I just don't see how they could say no!

TRUTH SHARER said...

Thanks for keeping us posted on Lisa. I have been praying for her and walking beside her - even from a distance in miles - though God unites our hearts in Christ so there is no distance at all!

You are a true friend!

Give her my love today!

Malachi 4:2
But for you who revere My Name, the sun of righteousness will rise with HEALING in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall.

Choosing JOY, Stephanie
JESUS ONLY in 2010

Laura said...

Kathy,
Thank you for this very sweet update. Lisa is blessed to have such a lovely friend. I have been offline for a few days and have missed some of the updates. I will continue to pray about the surgery and the insurance. Keep us posted!