home about speaking she cares resources contact

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Loving You!

I’ve gotten some emails from you today ((smile)) wondering if I’m okay, where I’ve been and if anything is wrong. I love this small bloggy world. You all are the kindest friends. Ever.

After Thursday’s appointment, I just kind of crashed. I took a nap, got up to eat a bite and went back to bed. Friday I had coffee with a friend, shopped a bit with my mom, went to the school for the children’s Valentine’s parties, saw the new Percy Jackson movie (It’s awesome!) and then had coffee with some other friends. Whew! That day sounds tiring even if you don’t have cancer!

Today we all slept in, went out to lunch and then went bowling and to Half Price Books. We had a wonderful family-filled day with lots of laughter and fun.

I have things I want to share but my mind and body have needed to decompress a little and process some emotions. All natural, I think you’d agree.

I plan on writing tonight as long as I can keep my eyes open to do it! As soon as we got in the car Thursday to drive home from MD Anderson, it was like I couldn’t stay awake. I even fell asleep in The Lightning Thief and it was one of the best movies I’ve seen in a long time. I think my body is just catching up or my brain is just taking off. I’m not sure which.

We are doing well. We’ve had a lot of fun and been surrounded by lots of friends the last couple of days. So, keep praying, think positive and relax with the one you love tonight in anticipation of Valentine’s Day!

And hear the message One who loves you is shouting.

“God told them, "I've never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love, and more love!” Jeremiah 31:3 The Message

11 comments:

B His Girl said...

So glad you were doing family stuff, lots of family stuff. I know it was good for you and the children. Hugs, B

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

You have been on my heart everyday...and in my prayers....

nancygrayce said...

Sounds like exactly the best way to spend the day! Lots of love is with you.....so glad you have so many friends there to uplift you in your practical needs! The rest of us are praying!

Andrea said...

Precious friend,
I am confident you were exhausted after the build up to visit MD Anderson. I am not surprised you needed sleep. I am thankful you are spending time with your family and friends and just plain having a great time in the LORD. Part of healing comes through our attitudes.....so keep enjoying life.
Hugs, love, and prayers,
andrea

His Girl said...

I am picturing you sleeping in the car like Jesus was sleeping in the lower parts of the boat... the storm was all around, but He had confidence that He was in God's hands.

May you find lots of moments of rest in the midst of this storm. Praying like crazy.

xoxo

Denise said...

I love you sweetie, so glad you have enjoyed family time. Have a happy valentines day.

Stacey said...

Wow...I don't even know you, but I am praying for you. I was searching on Facebook for my friend Lisa and there your prayer page was. The strange thing is my mother does mammography at Cancer Treatment Center here in Tulsa, OK. I am a cancer survivor myself and thankfully we caught it early. I was devastated with it at the age of 23, but now at 31 doing very well. I am amazed with your faith and this is what will get you through it. God Bless You and I will keep praying for great news.

Loren said...

Sounds just like what the GReat Physician would order ~ Joy, Love and feeling those around you uplifting you! I am so happy that you have been resting and being with your precious family Lisa.....Have a blessed Valentines Day and rest in HIM for HE is with you ALWAYS.

PRAYING

Bernie said...

Oh I love that you are getting lots of rest and also enjoying time with your family.....you and your family are always in my heart and prayers. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day sweetie, you so deserve it.......:-) Hugs

Denise @ A Sacred Longing said...

Oh dear Lisa, I continue to pray for you, your family and the medical team. Sleep is good. I am sure that your body needed it. Enjoy those moments of rest (even if they are in a movie theater).

May each day be full of amazing grace!

In His Grace,
Denise

Tea With Tiffany said...

Thank you for sharing where you are at. I'm praying.