home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Little Pink Blessings: Part 3

Yesterday I took my baby (he’s three) to my mother-in-law’s for an extended stay. I am so thankful he loves to go there, so thankful Gramma and Grampa (he says them Glamma and Glampa) are two of his favorite people and I am so very, very thankful she loves to have all of the children at her house. My boy will stay while we are at MD Anderson and he will stay lots throughout this journey.

We usually meet at the midpoint, highway McDonald’s to swap the children and they love that. We adults, well, we love meeting and we love swapping but we don’t love McDonald’s so much.

Yesterday we met at the midpoint tearoom, Martha’s Bloomers. It was a total treat! We got to eat frilly, yummy food and shop in frilly, fun gift shops. The piping hot, fresh-from-the-oven blueberry scones were the absolute best!

My mother-in-law is so thoughtful and gracious. I couldn’t love her more if she was my own mother. We have a very special relationship. She loves to celebrate. She loves to give gifts. Every day is a party with her and I really love that. Every time you eat with her, she will have elaborate centerpieces and themed table settings complete with special gifts for all. She is very fun.

Yesterday she brought me a gift. It was a gorgeous blouse and long sweater tunic. But, the thing I loved the most was its wrapping. It looked like it just popped right off this blog. It was leopardy and hot pink and I loved it! Wrapping a special gift in themed paper is exactly the type of thing she does. She does it so very well.

So when I complimented her on the beautiful package, she laughed and told me there was a funny story about that.

She purchased the gift in a boutique next to her hair salon. She ran into the boutique just before her appointment. When she got ready to check out, she realized she didn’t have much time so she asked if she could pay after her hair appointment. The lady helping her asked if she wanted the package gift-wrapped. My mother-in-law said that would be wonderful.

When she went back to pay and pick it up, this is what it looked like.

God took a gift of love and made it even more special. Just for me.

What's the price of two or three pet canaries? Some loose change, right? But God never overlooks a single one. And he pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries. Luke 12:6-7 The Message

14 comments:

Denise said...

God is beyond awesome.

Andrea said...

I never tire of watching GOD out do HIMSELF! I know your precious baby is going to have lots of fun with his grandparents. Being a Nana, I know first hand how we love to spoil and make every moment special.
Blessings and hugs, andrea

PS: Sitka has an award for you at All Gods Creatures if you feel like fooling with it. If not, he and I totally understand.

nancygrayce said...

I feel the same way about my MIL! I'm so thankful that you have people around you to help with the children!

Bernie said...

Such pretty wrapping and so you.
Wonderful to have such a great relationship with your mother in law who I just know will love and care for your children as you would. They are so blessed to have her her loving hands and heart.
Thinking of you......:-) Hugs

Deborah said...

Another gift from God, I have goose bumps! That is awesome.
Your lucky to have such nice in-laws. Glamma,,,sounds wonderful!

Jen said...

I am so glad that you have such a great mother-in-law! God is truly amazing!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a beautiful story and thats the kind of MIL I strive to be.....Praying

Nana Jul said...

That is an Awesome story, and a GREAT BIG unexpected joy for you!!
He's thinking of you every moment! He's got His hand upon you!
Love,
Julie

B His Girl said...

It was tied with love just for His girl Lisa. You know He is with you. It's personal. I love that! B

Laura said...

He is so sweet that way, Lisa! I am praying so hard for you, sweet friend. How blessed you are to have such special in-laws. Praying for you all.

Love to you.

His Girl said...

You ARE worth more than a million canaries to me, too!

I just know that knowing God values you so much is going to be such a source of peace to you in the weeks to come... how could you forget someone worth a million canaries?

thanks for sharing these, lady. very very very cool!

Jen said...

I love that. And I love your mother in law!!!

Melanie said...

Our God is in the details.
Love,
Melanie

Joyful said...

That gift wrapped parcel is amazing!!! ONLY GOD!!! Does that not just shout how He knows you and loves you and is involved in the smallest detail of your life!!!

What a precious blessing!
You are so loved,
Joy