home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Call

Just got a call from the wonderful Lynn Grimes, Dr. Hunt's nurse practitioner. She informed me that Dr. Hunt has been out of town and is scheduled to make the call THIS AFTERNOON. I do not have a time but if you're praying after lunch, please storm the heavens on behalf of Dr. Hunt and her persuasive words and Dr. Peterson and her receptive justification to approve Scott & White Health Plan to pay for my surgery on Friday.

"I waited and waited and waited for God. At last He looked: finally He listened. He lifted me out of the ditch, pulled me from the deep mud. He stood me up on a solid Rock to make sure I wouldn't slip. He taught me how to sing the latest God-song, a praise-song to our God. More and more people are seeing this: they enter the mystery, abandoning themselves to God.

Blessed are you who give yourselves over to God, turn your backs on the world's "sure thing," ignore what the world worships; The world's a huge stickpile, of God wonders and God-thoughts.

Nothing and no one comes close to You! I start talking about You and telling what I know, and quickly run out of words. Neither numbers nor words account for You. ( nor time, love THAT!)

Doing something for You, bringing something to You- that's not what You're after. Being religious, acting pious- that's not what You're asking for. You've opened my ears so I can listen.

So I answered, "I'm coming. I read in Your letter what You wrote about me, And I'm coming to the party You're throwing for me." That's when God's Word entered my life, became part of my whole being.

I've preached You to the whole congregation, I've kept nothing back, God- You know that. I didn't keep the news of Your ways a secret to myself. I told it all, how dependable You are, how thorough. I didn't hold back pieces of love and truth for myself alone. I told it all, let the congregation know the whole story."
Psalm 40

I've got more encouragement for you but need to run around and pack and get my nest in order to leave. Hopefully, I'll be back by this afternoon/evening; however, I don't know how much internet access I'll have starting this afternoon. Much, much love to and thanksgiving for all of God's glad chatters!

Remember He is listening...
"Then those whose lives honored God got together and talked it over. God saw what they were doing and listened in. A book was opened in God's presence and minutes were taken of the meeting, with the names of the God-fearers written down, all the names of those who honored God's name." Malachi 3:16

14 comments:

godsown said...

Prayers are going up Lisa
I do not comment frequently but pray and follow your story....

Thou today i felt to tell you while reading your todays post i heard clearly an song in my mind ( heard it in my own language of Surinam)
" God is an Good God...He will lift you up , turn you around and put your feet on higher Ground "
I found this song in an medley sung by D Mc Clurkin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UjxW8WIF0U

Sending my love and blessings to you and know prayers go up.

Bernice

Alleluiabelle said...

My Precious Precious Sister,

I love you so much! This is such good news and I will be praying faithfully right now and all throughout this afternoon that Dr. Hunt's call will be persuasive through the directed words of our Holy Lord going forth from her mouth and reaching Dr. Peterson and in the same breath Dr. Peterson will be hearing those words through the ears of the Lord. Through the Divine Intervention of our Almighty God all things are being accounted for in every area and will give her tearful eyes in approving Scott & White Health Plan to pay for your surgery. May His Divine presence fall completely all over her, you and this entire situation as He continues to show Himself in astonishing ways to all of us. In Jesus name I pray.

Praying fervently my cherished sister and my mind, heart, soul and arms are tightly wrapped around you and your family. I'll never let go of you sweet friend.

Love,
Alleluiabelle

Andrea said...

Praying with you. You are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. Be reminded...HE knows your every need before you have it and HE is always working "ahead of time" to prepare the way before you.
Hugs, andrea

Keleigh said...

Lisa -

Sending up prayers right this very minute that God gives Dr Hunt the perfect words and your health plan will pay for your surgery. God has great plans for you! You've been such an encouragement to me, even in the midst of your own battle. You are truly one of God's own warriors. :)

Blessings to you,
Keleigh

Loren said...

Praying With and For you my friend! trusting every step of the way!

Cindy (Letters From Midlife) said...

I'm praying too.

Gigi said...

You have been on my heart all afternoon! I'm praying for you, my sister in Christ....joining others and entering in the very Throne Room on your behalf.

((hugs))

B His Girl said...

praying for the favor of God in this call. b

Queenmothermamaw said...

I have a candle lit for you in my home today. Constant lifting up to the Lord for your intentions.
QMM

Denise said...

Praying dear sis.

Renee Swope said...

Praising, praying and waiting with glorious expectation of God's goodness!!! Your chatter about our God's faithfulness has got my heart so full tonight. Thanks for sharing the overflow of all that HE is pouring into you. <<>> Renee

Smelling Coffee said...

Lisa~ I LOVE that version of Psalm 40. The Message is so fresh and alive with truths that we've known forever. Praise the Lord! You are giving Him great glory, and He is pleased, pleased, pleased!

I'm praying for you right now, and will be praying through out the week and weekend.

With love and concern and prayers for you and your family and doctors and insurance and ...

Jennifer

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

I pray for you on and off all day long. Can't wait to hear the results of this visit.

Love,
Sandy

His Love Extended--Julie Gorman said...

And may our God do exceedingly above all we could ever ask, think, or imagine! In Jesus name...praying for healing and provision for all your needs.

His Love Extended,
Julie Gorman
http://hisloveextendedministries.blogspot.com