home about speaking she cares resources contact

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend at a Glance

This is my goalie girl. The iPhone pics have to do. I forgot my camera. She has played goalie before but this weekend was different. She played with gusto. Out of six halves, she goalied for four. She did amazing!! When you have grass stains all over your arms and legs that means you kept a clean goal! Have I ever told ya'll how much I love to watch my girl play?
Here's a closer-up of Julia and Annabelle, one of Ashley's pugs.
Ashley and me. Two very tired and windblown soccer mamas. Ashley is an awesome soccer aunt and is going to make the best soccer mom. My children fought for her attention all weekend and she loved it as much as they did. We've been friends since we were 19-years-old and Ashley knows all my dreams and all my fears and she's known most of them since before they were ever realities. Girlfriend time with her was a great gift. We were so busy this weekend and that was a good thing for my soul.
Soccer games and climbing trees go together like peanut butter and jelly. Enough said.

Ashley was such a help to us this weekend. She got up early, carried chairs and blankets, walked the dogs, walked the children to the bathroom, held children when Mommy was running up and down the sidelines yelling, navigated me around Houston, housed all five of us, bought me Starbucks, laughed when things were tense and just shared life. For that I'm thankful.

The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.
Proverbs 11:25



10 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun weekend! Your family is adorable!

Great blog, i look forward to following you!

Denise said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. Enjoyed the pictures sweetie.

sonja said...

Good girl! Prayed for you especially this weekend... you did just the right thing, and had fun with your family and best friend.

Hugs and praying....

Nana Jul said...

Looks like you had a very busy, but fun weekend! You are blessed to have a friend that loves at all times!
Julie

~*~KIMBERLY~*~ said...

Looks like a busy and fun weekend. Lisa, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It means a lot to me when people comment and let me know they've been blessed. Amen.

Andrea said...

Looks like you had an awesome weekend.
Blessings, andrea

Bernie said...

Oh I am so happy you had such a good weekend and how blessed you are to have your longtime friend share it with you....many blessings and I'm praying with all my heart for you and your beautiful family.....:-) Hugs

Sharon said...

Lisa, thanks for your visit to my blog and your comments about giving up reading. Glad to see someone else can identify with me on that. Thanks for prayers for my sister. She's getting stronger every day, but she probably overdid it today and was having a little trouble breathing this evening. Following you!
Sharon
http://www.grandmaisawriter.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a money that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

nancygrayce said...

I love that proverb......a good friend is a precious gift from God! I am going to look at the Safari through Daniel, I'd like to do that.