home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This Morning's Prayer

I think this was written just for me...

Psalm 30

A David Psalm
1 I give you all the credit, Godyou got me out of that mess,
you didn't let my foes gloat.

2-3 God, my God, I yelled for help
and you put me together.
God, you pulled me out of the grave,
gave me another chance at l
ife
when I was down-and-out.

4-5 All you saints! Sing your hearts out to God!
Thank him to his face!
He gets angry once in a while, but across
a lifetime there is only love.
The nights of crying your eyes out
give way to days of laughter.


6-7 When things were going great
I crowed, "I've got it made.
I'm God's favorite.
He made me king of the mountain."
Then you looked the other way
and I fell to pieces.

8-10 I called out to you, God;
I laid my case before you:
"Can you sell me for a profit when I'm dead?
auction me off at a cemetery yard sale?
When I'm 'dust to dust' my songs
and stories of you won't sell.

So listen! and be kind!
Help me out of this!"

11-12 You did it: you changed wild lament
into whirling dance;
You ripped off my black mourning band
and decked me with wildflowers.
I'm about to burst with song;
I can't keep quiet about you.
God, my God,
I can't thank you enough.

Remember to be lifting up Dr. Rodriguez this morning. Claim this Psalm for me and for you as you read it.



13 comments:

Smelling Coffee said...

A-men, Lisa! For your life and for mine! Praising God that He is feeding you His Word to cling to today, and praying for all of you and for Dr. R.

The Lord's peace be unto you~

Jennifer

Andrea said...

AMEN!!

Cherie Hill said...

I am praying for you sister!!!!!!
Be consumed with His peace...His joy and His strength...which is only found in Christ Jesus. He will carry you. What a beautiful thought.
In Him...praying diligently...with love,
Cherie

Cherie Hill said...

Lisa...ran across this from Beth Moore...thought it was something that might encourage your faith.

…“Sometimes we can be so busy looking for what is missing in our lives that we miss WHO is busily present in our lives. We’re looking for God to do us future favors when He’s trying to open our eyes to present ones. Remember, God purposes to use every second of a divinely-ordained wait to build us into the individuals our future demands we be. One more peculiar and exquisite experience of the faith is realizing that while you haven’t seen answers or the way you should take, you’ve learned how to see the light of God Himself. Right there in the blindness of circumstances.”

Beth Moore, The Patriarchs, LifeWay Press, p 187

Love to you sister,
Cherie

His Girl said...

Amen and Amen. May God's promises be yours this very day.

Lelia Chealey said...

Yes, do not keep quiet about Him Lisa! You never know what doctor or nurse needs Him.
We love you!
Lelia

Alleluiabelle said...

Love you my precious friend. I've been praying fervently especially last night and into this morning. What a beautiful Psalm and yes I prayed it along as I read it for you, for me, for my sister, for everyone. I am praying for Dr. Rodriguez...praying that he sees with God's eyes, hears with God's ears and speaks knowledge, wisdom guidance and direction from God's mouth in Jesus precious name I pray. Amen.

Love you so much,
Alleluiabelle

Jen said...

Claiming it, sister.
Prayers for you and for Dr. Rodriguez...
Much, much love!!

Tiffani said...

sweet girl.

my heart is so heavy for you and I'm so thankful to share in this with you no matter if I've known you 2 weeks or 2 years.

One of my favorite Psalms I wanted to share w/ you is Psalm 18 one of the best verses out of it says "with my God I can scale a wall" and YOu CAN and you WILL!!

Much love!

Gretchen said...

Prayed it. Claimed it. And praising God for you, my new friend. Hugs!

Denise said...

Amen precious sis, claiming this with you, and for you.

Bernie said...

Lisa, what a beautiful post. I have learned more from you than you will ever know. I prayed for you last night and this morning and I just know that God is providing the best medical team and care possible.....stay strong my young friend......always in my heart and prayers......:-) Hugs

Nana Jul said...

Ps. 30: 11-12 That will be you!! I claimed it as my life verse in 2007!! Praying in agreement for you & Dr. Rodriquez!!
Love,
Julie