home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sweet Inadequacy

I have been humbled beyond measure at the gracious love you have poured on me today. How I long to respond personally to every.single.one.of.you. How I long to linger over each word spoken, each prayer prayed, each and every comment but that is not possible. I received over 600 emails today and wept over each one. Thank you for that.

I am simply overwhelmed in the deepest part of me. Thank you for that. I am in awe at how fast God would gather his troops on my behalf. I am excited that I have the privilege of walking this road with so many. He will do great things.

My thoughts on this night are many. Just yesterday I was thinking about how I have never lived completely by faith as we studied faith vs. certainty last week in Daniel. My how things can change over night.

As I lay on my bed last night, I believe the Lord told me that everything, every.single.thing that seems bad in this will be used for good. I believe He showed me that I will LIVE. With all my heart I am believing that in faith. I am not certain but faith is being certain so in faith I am certain.

There are many here to help me now. My house and heart are full. In all the haze that was today, I was able help my husband and be filled with pride as I watched him work, enjoy my sweet Palmer in a park on a perfect day and I actually had time alone in my house where I could put my face to the carpet and weep freely in the Lord's presence. I know some of you are concerned I wouldn't get that time. I got my drama time and God was very near.

I visit with a local oncologist in the morning. Dr. Rodriguez. Please lift him up by name to Our Lord tonight. I will share more tomorrow.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1




11 comments:

Sheryl said...

so glad that God brought us together for "such a time as this". amazing how HE works.

i wish i had words, but know that i will be praying!

Sarah Soon-to-be Langhoff said...

I was thinking about you all day - praying specifically that you would have time to weep and cling to the cross! I have something I'd love to bring you next time I'm in town. I'll shoot you a facebook message when I figure out when that will be :-) Keep hugging on your babies and loving on Andrew - as you do that, they are hugging you and loving you back the way no one else can :-D

His Girl said...

such a time as this, indeed.

tell dr. rodriguez to get ready. he's about to see something AMAZING.

Denise said...

God is going to greatly use Dr Rodriguez. You are going to be well, God is your true physician. I love you sis.

Alleluiabelle said...

Sweet Lisa,

My heart and prayers are with you. Both you and my sister will be meeting with an Oncologist in the morning. I will be in fervent prayer for both of you and your specific doctor and hers. God is Good! He is the Ultimate Physician in whom I put all of my faith, hope, trust in.

Love you so much,
Alleluiabelle

LisaShaw said...

Amen Sister! I believe GOD has His hand on you and your Dr. will see a mighty move of GOD! Praying still...

Love you.

Lisa said...

Praying for you now and for Dr. Rodriguez. God use him to bring You glory.

Jen said...

God is so amazing, I am truly glad I ran across this blog when I did! Everything happens for a reason!

Melanie said...

And our faith then MUST roll over into TRUST. It took me some time to get to that point...
I love you. I'm believing for your healing. I prayed for you and Dr. R. this morning. (And for your husband, children, parents, other family and those who will reach out and serve you through this.)
Andrew's biopsy was done by a "Dr. Rodriguez", too.

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Oh Lisa, I am lifting you and your precious family up in prayer.

Love you dearly, and so does He :-) Keep resting in the beauty of that love and the joy of having a savior to cling to that is faithful and true.

Bernie said...

Lisa, I truly love knowing so many have joined together in prayer for your healing.....that is why I know God will grant it. Always in my heart and prayers....:-) Hugs