home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Spirals of Prayer

Tonight I have lots on my mind. Swirling thoughts trying to come together in a themed post. As I sit down to pray I see words, names, places spiraling from my mind up to God's throne.

I am thinking about Daniel. His bravery, his courage, his voice, his favor. How he stood for what was right in a world of extravagance and indulgence. And I wonder if I could do that. And I search for those who are doing that today. In our world of extravagance and indulgence.

And I think about Brit Hume. I've read several articles about him lately. His boldness for Christ is making headlines. He told Tiger Woods that he had no doubt recovery as a golfer was possible, but that recovery as a person would require the forgiveness that only Christ can give. And Brit is under fire.

I read something else along these lines that Mr. Hume was brave enough to speak. And well, I just really respect the man. Strong convictions and speaking the truth are crucial if we want to make a difference in this world at all.

Now don't get me wrong. I hate that the paparazzi "news" dictates the state of the stars or people who choose to live in the limelight. It is very unfortunate that instead of accepting people as the individuals they are, the press tries to tell them who they should be. Eating people for lunch without even needing a Tums afterwards is inexcusable.

All this to say, today I'm praying for Hollywood. For Tiger, Miley, Jon & Kate and their eight and Brittany Murphy's family. And Brit. I'm praying for Brit Hume that he would be refreshed and strengthened as he continues to speak Light as he interviews a dark world.

And Haiti. I'm praying for the people of Haiti tonight.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Blessings to you sweetie.

Bernie said...

Oh Lisa, I know exactly how you feel. I get so frustrated with the press....the really don't know the truth and they assume everything and make up a story of their assumptions....doesn't seem fair but that is the way of the world today. At least Brit Hume spoke after Tiger admitted his affairs, Britt's truth is a truth that all of us could and should live by.....I too am reading the book of Daniel, and don't think I am nearly as brave, thank you for sharing which scripture you and your friends are reading this week.....have a Terrific Thursday my friend....Hugs