home about speaking she cares resources contact

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Say Say My Playmates


I've said it before and I'll say it again. I sure love it when my children get along. And when I say get along I don't just mean tolerate one another. I mean play with each other like they'd rather be together than anywhere else.

For having four children, the sibling disagreements aren't overwhelming. Most days. Some days seem to go on forever and I feel like my shirt is black and white striped and I should have whistle in my mouth because all I do referee fights.

I always lean on the mother advice I got when they were two. If there is a problem with an attitude, first ask yourself if they could be bored, tired or hungry. This usually answers the question and solves the problem. However, none of those things give anyone an excuse to sin. Doing what is wrong is always a bad choice.

As in so many households, the children always seem to pair up a certain way. My middle two certainly love each other's company. They make so much mischief and silliness together, they sometimes even have to be separated. We went on LOTS of road trips this summer and after the first one, Andrew and I decided that we would assign seats in the Suburban. Funny? Yes, but necessary for adult sanity and child survival. Enough said.

This summer the two amigos decided they'd do everything alike. I loved it! They were certainly inseparable and found many ways to agree on which t-shirt to buy, which shark's tooth to choose and even matched down to their shoes on more than one occasion.

This verse is a common prayer I pray for my children. May they grow up to be friends.

How wonderful and pleasant it iswhen brothers live together in harmony! Psalm 133:1

5 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, awesome prayer.

Tea With Tiffany said...

I remember my siblings and I fighting. I was the oldest of four. Since I only have two, four years apart, it's a lot less noisy. I know I will miss them. They are already growing up so fast.

Cute pic.

Bernie said...

Lisa I am the youngest of 6, we had the most wonderful childhood and even though we did fight once in a while we would never allow anyone to hurt or say bad things about each other.....large families are beautiful....and now at my age I am so blessed to have them in my life as we love and support each other....God Bless,xo

Lora said...

Oh, I agree, I love it when my children get along too! I remember doing the little playground game "say say my playmates" too.

What a great verse to pray, I'm joining you on that one!

Kathy S. said...

Amen on the joy when the get along! I only have two, and it was easy, but I come from many and it got baaad..my poor mama!