home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Pics of Christmas Past


I finally downloaded some of my Christmas pictures this afternoon. I want to share with you our Christmas Eve. It set the stage for a magical Christmas.

We went to Dallas to visit my mother and brother. We got up early Christmas Eve and went to breakfast in the freezing cold. The children were rather amped up because the forecast called for snow. We live south of whatever line you live south of and never see snow. We see rain but very rarely, almost never, snow.

Then we caravaned down to the Gaylord Texan (we are much too large of a family for one Suburban these days) to see the ice sculptures. In my mind I saw ice sculptures like the fountains at weddings. I reasoned it must be a little more than that because of the exhibit's popularity. I just had no idea.




The cousins had such fun together and my mom truly loved having all her chickens in one spot! The decorations at the hotel were beautiful and really got us in the Christmas spirit.


The theme was How the Grinch Stole Christmas and the art was amazing! They gave us parkas to wear so we wouldn't get frostbite and we entered a magical kingdom of color and festivity. We all loved it!
At the end of the Grinch was a huge nativity scene. The detail on the faces and how their arms were all raised in worship to the hugest of miracles in the tiniest and most humbling of packages brought tears to my eyes.
As we exited the exhibit and looked out the wall of windows snow was falling. Big flakes. Tons of flakes. Falling. Down. Magic.

We went and surprised my grandparents and took them for a good ole Tex-Mex lunch. Yee Haw and Merry Christmas y'all! It was truly a wonderful, memory making day. One we won't soon forget. Being together and watching it snow. Two very fun things.

5 comments:

B His Girl said...

Great pics Lisa. Those ice sculptures are amazing! Love the worshipers. B

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing, love the pics.

Andrea said...

blessings,
andrea

Bernie said...

What a wonderful, magical Christmas you had and I'm sure your mom was so happy to have all of you together....thank you for sharing Lisa....:-) Hugs

angie128 said...

Thanks for checking out my blog and entering the giveaway!

I'm excited about Daniel too!