home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Overwhelmed with Gratitude

That's how I feel as I read your sweet comments, prayers and Words of Life. Thank you for living such a Godly example for me and encouraging me to walk this path set before me no matter how narrow or dark the road may get. I will carry the Light of the World and all of your friendships in my heart. I love this great big, yet so small, bloggy world that God has blessed me with and that includes you too, Facebook!

I'll keep you updated on the results. I probably won't know until Friday afternoon the doctors say. I'm praying I find out tomorrow but I will praise Him while I'm waiting...(hear me singing? I love that song! It has a whole new meaning today.) Again, thank you all for simply being you.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16

and in The Message because that's where I am this year.
Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with each other. None of this going off and doing your own thing. And cultivate thankfulness. Let the Word of Christ—the Message—have the run of the house. Give it plenty of room in your lives. Instruct and direct one another using good common sense. And sing, sing your hearts out to God! Let every detail in your lives—words, actions, whatever—be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way. Colossians 3:15-17

Love to you all,

15 comments:

sonja said...

Lisa:
Lots of friends praying for you. The comments are beautiful, and the 'faith thread' running through them is such a blessing.

Here's another good one for tomorrow...

"Don't panic. I'm with you.
There's no need to fear for I'm your God.
I'll give you strength. I'll help you.
I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you." (Is.41:10 The Message)

Praying and thanking God ....

Denise said...

God is close, and He will not leave you. I love you.

Edie said...

I am praying for you Lisa. God is in control of your circumstances. He loves you and will not fail you!

Denise @ A Sacred Longing said...

and I continue to pray in your waiting...

Shalom,
Denise

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Nana Jul said...

Lisa,
Just letting you know I will be praying you through, while you are waiting. A great song of determination!!
Set your sights on Jesus!!
Julie

Debbie said...

Lisa, I will continue to pray for you. I'm so glad that you were comforted and blessed by the prayers of your sisters in Christ. I love this bloggy world of encouragement.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

LisaShaw said...

Believing and knowing in Jesus Name!!!! Love you and standing with you.

B His Girl said...

Lisa,

I know you are glad to have the test part done. The Lord loves to hear us sing. So glad you are singing with all your heart. Praying for your peace and health as you wait. I love Sonja's verse to you in the message. I echo those powerful words in my song to you. love, B

Gretchen said...

You know the verses. So do I. Now let's stand firmly upon them together. Will keep praying as you come to mind today, Lisa.

Smelling Coffee said...

So glad that you feel surrounded and lifted up. I will continue to pray.

May The Lord strengthen you today and give you rest and wait in Him. When we wait on "something", the waiting makes us weary. But when we wait on THE LORD, He renews our strength. (Isaiah 40:31)

Peace be unto you today, Lisa~

love,
Jennifer

Cherie Hill said...

Praying Lisa...Jesus is with you.

“I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.” Psalm 16: 8

Love, hugs, and prayers,
Cherie

Andrea said...

I hear you singing ;o) I keep going back to my blog to just to keep hearing the song myself. ;o)
Do not fear for He is with you! Continuing in prayers for you!
A

Alleluiabelle said...

Sweet Lisa,

I'm praying for you as you wait for the results. My mind and heart are with you.

Big Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Lora said...

Praying for you dear one. Believing Jesus with you!

Love and prayers,
Lora