home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oh Happy Day!



What happens when you, a darn good real estate agent, put your home on the market at the end of October?

Knowing your home will sell quickly (and for top dollar) you put a ton of stuff in storage because you can live without anything for thirty to sixty days.

Yes, I'm talking about me. Yes, I put half my closet and all my books in storage and about fifty boxes of stuff I use everyday. So I have no t-shirts and no Bibles and my favorite shoes are stashed in a box too! My only Bibles I kept out of storage are a small purse-sized NIV to carry to church and my chronological one-year Bible. I even put my new one-year Bible that I was to start at the beginning of this month in storage because I really believed we'd be unpacked and settled somewhere else by now. I really did. Really.

My thwarted plans pushed me into Amber's study. I'm happy about this. very.happy.about.this. And because I'm an old timer freak who has to see words on paper for them to compute really well, I got to take a field trip today! To Half Price Books to buy Bibles!! Oh happy, happy day!

I bought two. A pretty turquoise embossed edition of The Message. I love this! And a pretty pocket-sized edition slightly larger than the purse-sized NIV. It's just so pretty. I really have a thing for Bibles. I love them. Love to buy them. Secretly I think I packed the others away just so I could take this lovely, lovely field trip.

They make me smile. Daniel is going to be so fun! I can't wait to break in my new Bibles!

People may make plans in their minds, but the Lord decides what they will do. Proverbs 16:9


PS The house is showing for a party's second time today. Take a breath. Say a prayer.

5 comments:

Bernie said...

Oh Lisa I have said a prayer and wishing you Good Luck on your house showing today....all will work out sweetie, always does.
Love the new Bibles and so very pretty.......:-) Hugs

Via Snoga said...

I said a prayer for you too, sweetie! And I'm not so sure if you are into bibles.. lol! I hope your happy day will just continue and shine on people who need it today.

Suzanne said...

Saying a prayer! May you have favor and a solid contract! Today! Our counter was just accepted yesterday....may you have even more favor than we did! Praying for this season of your journey!!!!

Denise said...

Praying for you.

His Girl said...

I love, love, love new Bibles. The ones you chose were gorgeous!

I'm glad the move pushed you over to the Safari! So excited to see what God's up to.

prayin' too!