home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, January 22, 2010

The Marked Path

I want to share this before I hear from my doctor. I want to proclaim something I’ve been declaring to God over and over this week.

“Lord, this opportunity will not be wasted on me.”

I mean the opportunity to have a benign report and I mean the opportunity to navigate the dark waters of cancer.

After a long heart-to-heart with God the other night, I determined that I want to walk whichever road brings God the most fame in my life. Don’t misunderstand me I would never in a million years want cancer. But I do want the world, and I do mean world, to know what a good and loving God I serve. I want him to use any and every method he needs to in my life to mold my character into one like His Son has. I want my adoption into His family to be legit. For real.

I do not say this lightly because I know the weight of the words that I speak. They are heavy but they are necessary. I need for my God to know where I firmly place my trust. The path marked out for me is not one of blurry boundaries and trails washed out by hard rains. It is one marked out in history (His Story) since the beginning of time. And it is one that I walk gladly. No matter where it passes, I know where it ultimately leads.

My thoughts this day are on the One who sets my steps, the One who marks my path, the One who knows my plans and the One who calls my story His. May my story be His Story.

Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls! Hebrews 12:1 The Message

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Praying GOD keeps me focused and helps me never to forget where I have been and where I am headed.
Blessings, andrea

Debbie said...

Lisa, this is true trust in action. Trust and obey are my themes for 2010 and my Scripture is Philippians 4:6-7.

It's one thing to say but another to truly step out in faith, no matter what the outcome.

I'm continuing to pray for you. Whatever happens is for your good and His glory.

But we are there with you along the journey to offer encouragement, love and support.

Blessings,
Debbie

B His Girl said...

Praying for you this morning. You shine for Jesus! He loves you and He is with you. B

Jennifer said...

Thank you for your comment on the Mission of MOtherhood. I look forward to reading it!

nancygrayce said...

All we have in this life is Jesus. Looks to me like you're trusting HIM! Praying!

sonja said...

Lisa my friend... this is IT! You are exactly where you belong, and He is right there too. A yielded heart... God loves that!

Praying and trusting, for you and for your precious grandmother.

Hugs!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Thanks for your comment over on my blog- popped over to say hi back... Wow, you are dealing with some heavy stuff here- i have been through the same experience myself, and know those moments that the worst case scenarios play out... Praying that the news will be good, and glad to know that you are a fellow sister in Christ who knows that no matter the circumstances, God is in control.

Kim... and Her Coffee said...

I certainly hope and pray that if faced with the same situation, I would respond in the same way. It is awe inspiring to read your words. I pray the report is benign.

Edie said...

Praying for you Lisa. I know the courage it takes to relinquish all like that. He will carry you every bit of the way. Let us know when you find out.

Denise said...

You are so awesome.

Nana Jul said...

Fully Surrendered. Jesus smiled.
His-Story. His Will.
Your Test-imony, either way
May God be glorified!
Praying for the Lord to go beyond, beyond - what we could ever think or imagine. He is ABLE!
Julie