home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Legacy

I love my Grandmother. My grandmother has always been my hero. She made a huge difference in a sad little girl's life by her selfless giving of time and chocolate chip cookies.

She loves the Lord, loves her family and serves all in need. She and my Papa pray together each morning on behalf of their four children plus spouses, nine grandchildren plus spouses and fourteen great-grandchildren and calling each by name. She is a determined lady, a breast cancer survivor and a real steel magnolia. Sixty-eight years. That's how long my grandparents have been married. They share a beautiful love story. She made dinner from scratch every evening for over sixty years and each holiday meal for as long as I can remember. She has travelled all over the world. She volunteers on the same day each week at the hospital for over fifty years. She decorates, sews, knits and crochets also. She loves words as much as I do and passed on a love for all things organized. However, where am I am completely domestically and organizationally challenged, she dominates. She's a rockin' housekeeper.

My Grandmother has card catalogs of numbered index cards. On them are the contents of all the crates in her attic. She has files containing the giver, occasion and description of each piece of her collections. I think she had over 500 bells at one time. She has an address book and uses it to send every.single.one of her millions of family members and friends birthday, anniversary, holiday and get well cards. Obviously, any organizational challenge I have is not a result of DNA!

She's having a surgical procedure tomorrow and I would love your prayers and know she would too. I'd love to offer blessings today to one who has so generously blessed me. Will you visit her today and say a prayer? This is my legacy. Will you help?

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:25

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Praying and heading over to visit. I miss my Nana!
Blessings, andrea

Denise said...

Praying for your precious grandmother, going to visit her right now sweetie.

Lora said...

You are blessed to have a godly grandmother Lisa. She sounds like an amazing and ultra organized lady. Sixty-eight years of marriage - Praise the Lord! What a blessing.

Heading over to pray for your grandmother.

Blessings to you!

Nana Jul said...

Left your grandmom a note letting her know I'll be praying.
I want to be like her leaving a Godly legacy!
What a wonderful gift from the Lord to you! I bet you make her smile too!
Praying for you too!
Julie