home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, January 15, 2010

Date Nights & Love Stories


Tonight is date night. Woo-hoo! We've been planing it for a couple of weeks now. We are not that couple who has a date night every month or sets a certain amount of time aside to be alone without the children. We just don't.

We do make our marriage a priority and we do spend a great deal of time together, I think. Over Christmas we were just so busy with the whole family we didn't have a date. The fall was jam packed with activities and we wanted to be at home whenever we had the chance. So tonight is the big night.

I get to primp, practice my beauty routine and pick out a nice outfit. I'm pumped. I love feeling beautiful, preparing for my husband. The truth is I don't even have to practice my beauty routine to feel beautiful around Andrew. He loves me any ole way and that's true love!

We started preparing for our date this morning. We spent the morning together just talking and getting housework done. We then had lunch together after a short business commitment. The next time I see him, we'll be out the door for a few precious hours without the interruptions of children.

This plaque is one I bought a few years ago. It's not especially pretty or expensive looking. I purchased it because I love the saying. "Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favorite."

I purchased this plaque when I desperately wanted to believe that saying was true of me. Of us. I brought the plaque home and stored it in a drawer in faith. I believed that our love story was headed toward the direction of becoming my favorite. But I still had my doubts. Quiet doubts. Doubts only taken to the Lord in the secret place. Doubts He gently took from me, replaced with belief, determination and love. Sweet love. Faith gave birth to true love in my marriage.

God has done a huge thing. I don't know what else to call it but a big, huge, miraculous thing. He's given us our dreams back, turned a floundering, lonely marriage into a beautiful love story of redemption and we know the best is yet to come! Wouldn't you know when we just recently revamped our house to sell it, I found the perfect place for the cute little plaque? My husband even noticed it and commented on how much he likes it too.

Tonight I will have a quiet dinner with my best friend, one who I love truly, madly and deeply. And we will celebrate our love story.

(If you've never read it, click here.)

6 comments:

Cindy Bultema said...

I enjoyed reading about the transformation God has done in your marriage. God is so awesome!! Thanks for your authenticity and honesty! What a blessing!
P.S. Have a GREAT date night!

Bernie said...

May this be the best date night ever for you and your husband, I love the plaque......:-) Hugs

Denise said...

Very romantic.

Jennifer said...

Yes, God is truly the God of miracles! Praise the Lord for what He has done in your marriage!

sonja said...

Lisa:

What a beautiful testimony of what God can do in a marriage. I wish a zillion women could see this blog and read your story. It is so relevant and so encouraging! I've talked to so many women who just kind of 'gave up' along the way. I thank God for what he has done for you guys. What a neat blessing to read this!

Hugs!

Sonja

sonja said...

P.S. ...and yes... LOVE the plaque!