home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, January 11, 2010

Daniel and His Girl


Today I began a new Bible study. A study with a group of awesome girls. Well, I bet they're awesome even though I don't know them really well yet. I'm willing to bet they're pretty cool because they're gathered right here in bloggyland. Yep, that's right. I'm joining with a group of bloggers to study the book of Daniel.

Our fearless leader on this safari is Amber, otherwise known as His Girl. This is the first week of the study. It's totally a laid back, go at your own pace during the week type study. Then we meet back at Amber's blog on Mondays and post our own thoughts. Yeah that scares me a little bit too. I mean, it's Daniel, I'm not sure I've ever had too many thoughts about Daniel other than those stinky lions and that silly fire. But I'm asking the Lord to give me thoughts about Daniel.

And I'm finding it rather appropriate that the first week's study is called Exploring Courage and Conquering Fear. Hmmmmm. I think I'm in the right spot. I've been reading Daniel 1 tonight. Meditating on some thoughts. Guess where those thoughts led me? You got it! Right back to Isaiah 41. So for tonight I will silence the thoughts and lay back in the arms of God.

Where does that leave you? Well, just know this. It's not too late to join us on this safari through Daniel. What, you don't have a blog? Post on your facebook page or in the comments section on Amber's blog or this blog or my facebook page or I could probably arrange for you to send out a group email if you'd rather. Get it? It's just about God's girls studying His word and hearing His voice. Together. So come on! What are you waiting for?

I pulled you in from all over the world, called you in from every dark corner of the earth. Telling you, " You're my servant, serving on my side. I've picked you. I haven't dropped you." Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you. Isaiah 41:9-10 The Message

I think Daniel gives Isaiah 41 a whole new meaning. What about you?

4 comments:

Bernie said...

Oh Lisa I am so proud of you for you are doing something I am unable to....I am a Christiam, who loves God with all of my being, who worhsips him daily yet I am not a wordly witness. I do try and witness by deed and action but I have never been very good at conversing on scripture....I am always afraid I may misunderstand and guide someone in the wrong direction....I have always been this way. I love my bible but I have kept the meaning of it's word such a personal thing between me and God. I have talked to him many times and perhaps because I want it this way I always hear him tell me, it's okay Bernie, your actions lead them to me.......I am going to visit and read the others words as it is such an important thing to do, what you all are doing is more than wonderful.....many, many blessings sweetie.....:-) Hugs

His Girl said...

Oh this is so exciting! I am so blessed and encouraged by this post. I was thinking while reading it... "I wanna join that study!" What a cool chick you are...

Hey, and Bernie? You are welcome anytime... maybe this is just what you need to take those next steps God might be gently prodding you to take!

Oh I'm so excited!

Diana said...

I can vouch for Amber, she's very cool, and a great leader. I did a study over summer with her and a group of ladies and it was so impactful. I am sure you will not regret jumping in this time too, good for you! I am sure God will bless it.

Sing4joy said...

Methinks I am falling in love with LisaSmith. And also feeling encouraged to get my post up!!