home about speaking she cares resources contact

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Color Guard Advance


Hello Glad Chatters! This is Kathy Scott, chatting about Spiritual Warfare tonight.

We are convinced that there is spiritual warfare going on here! There are so many messages and testaments of God's goodness in what is happening in our lives right now, that we are convinced that spiritual warfare is underway. Some specific evidence has proved to us that Satan is trying to scare us, irritate us, and stop our ministry. The bible reminds us in Ephesians 6:12, "Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

I'd like to share an experience that I had when I began my prayer journey years ago. I was a member of Mims Baptist Church in Conroe, TX, when they built their prayer room about 17 years ago. I was so in love with God, and serving in the church, that I joined the prayer ministry. Every week I went to the church at a particular time and prayed over requests. We were asked to sort through the Rolodex of prayer requests and pray for those that the Lord laid on our hearts. I loved going to the prayer room. God's presence was in that place with such peace.

One particular prayer request changed my life. There was a petition to pray for a young man that was part of a satanic cult. I was extremely burdened to pray for him. One of my best friends was an awesome, outspoken, believer in Christ. Her brother, however, was the complete opposite, and even sacrificed her cat to Satan. I knew that the request was real. I was burdened for my friend's brother, and I instantly was burdened for this man. So, I fervently prayed for him during that hour in the prayer room at Mims Baptist Church, weeping for his lost soul that would surely see hell if he didn't find Jesus.

As I drove off of the church parking lot, my spirit immediately changed. I felt fear, and I heard in my spirit a warning. If I continued to pray for that man, bad things would happen to me. For an instant I was afraid, but it came to me that if Satan was trying to scare me, then my prayers must have power! Matthew 16:23 came to me, and I spoke the words of Jesus out loud in my car, "Get behind me Satan! You are a stumbling block to me!" James 5:16 says, "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." I have courageously prayed for that man, and sent many other petitions to God, ever since.

What I want you to know is that there are things going on here that we cannot see. I am encouraging you to read Ephesians 6:13-18, and put on the full armor of God. You have the authority to speak God's word and erase the fear when it engulfs you. Fear is not from God. Just like cancer is not from God.

Despite what the enemy tried to do today, he did not rob us of our joy! It was a joyful day! Your prayers were felt, and God's spirit was very peaceful and powerful today. Stay the course Glad Chatters. KNOW that we are praying one for another. You're being prayed over as prayer warriors, too. The bible asks us to pray one for another.

We stirred the hornet's nest with all of our constant noise to the Lord; however, we have the victory through Jesus!

See Lisa's day below.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Marching in this battle with you, prayers are our mighty weapons.

TRUTH SHARER said...

Oh - yes - satan likes to frighten us [women] with his big scare tactics but if we are aware of them - we can fight them with the TRUTH of God's Word.

I am praying with you for this battle that Lisa is engaged in. We are battling in prayer with her right now and will continue as the LORD will be her strength to go through this with HIM by her side!

Psalm 31 [read entire Psalm]
7 I will be glad and rejoice in Your love,
for You saw my affliction
and knew the anguish of my soul.

8 You have not handed me over to the enemy
but have set my feet in a spacious place.

9 Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;
my eyes grow weak with sorrow,
my soul and my body with grief.

14 But I trust in You, O LORD;
I say, "You are my God."

15 My times are in Your hands;
deliver me from my enemies
and from those who pursue me.

16 Let Your face shine on Your servant;
save me in Your unfailing love.

24 Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the LORD.

Choosing JOY, Stephanie
JESUS ONLY in 2010

Gigi said...

What an honor to pray for you! I'm so grateful that Nancy Grayce made me aware of your situation...I'm truly sorry that you are having to fight this fight, dear one, but God will be glorified through your challenges! I saw this firsthand as my Sweet Hubby and I walked his journey with pancreatic cancer.

When you are fearful...when you think "I don't know if I can do this..." - you just remember - A PLAN AND A PURPOSE. God did not "give" you cancer, but He WILL use it to great good; for His glory. Wait and see!!

Love and blessings to you!

Alleluiabelle said...

Dear Friend,

Thank you for posting this Kathy. I'm suited up and marching on through this battle with Lisa and so many others...ahead lies VICTORY in the name of Jesus Christ.

Love you so much Lisa. You are always in my thoughts and my prayers.

Big Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Anonymous said...

I have found it on this website called [url=http://tipswift.com]tip swift[/url]. You can find it there.
cheers
edit: wrong post

The Middle Child said...

I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. This kind of news is so scary but you have a weapon already in your arsenal. You are a child of the King! Just imagine how you would feel now if you didn't have Jesus Christ as your savior. I can't imagine. We will all help you in this trial with our prayers. What a testimony you will have for others who find themselves in your shoes. You can glorify God every day. Things look this bad because God wants to receive the credit, as he should, for your healing. So we will give him all the Glory when he heals you. We will help you every day with prayer.