home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Biopsy

Fear. It's camping all around me as I wait to go in for a guided biopsy this morning.

About a month ago I found a lump in my breast. I have found other lumps, have had them examined, viewed and squished on and nothing. So I wasn't too concerned. I saw the doctor. He wasn't too concerned. But just to be safe he had me go get all kinds of pictures made. Radiologist looked at the pictures last week. Doctor called yesterday morning. Radiologist needs more information. The biopsy is at 8:30 this morning.

If you are close to me, related to me, one of my best friends or a prayer partner, please accept my apologies you are finding out this way. I realized yesterday that the more I talked about this the more opportunity fear had to sink its vicious claws deep into my mind, heart and soul. So I stopped giving life (as my friend Jenn says)to the fear by speaking words like cancer, death and fear. And I started giving life to things like health, healing and hope.

Today I'm asking you to pray for me and I'm going out on a limb and asking you to leave a comment, email, text or Facebook for me if you are praying because I need to hear that encouragement today. In order to squish fear, I know I must build faith. One way I build my faith is by praying with others. Hearing their belief builds mine. I know this blog has a community of readers who pray and who hold one another up when need be. I know some of you have been in my shoes and some of you have even walked the dark road called cancer. I need to hear from you.

I promise to keep you in the know because I intend to come right back here and praise God for his goodness no matter what kind of report I get.

Yesterday I opened my Bible to Psalm 27 and haven't closed it yet.
Psalm 27

A David Psalm

1 Light, space, zest— that's God!
So, with him on my side I'm fearless,
afraid of no one and nothing.

2 When vandal hordes ride down
ready to eat me alive,
Those bullies and toughs
fall flat on their faces.

3 When besieged,
I'm calm as a baby.
When all hell breaks loose,
I'm collected and cool.

4 I'm asking God for one thing,
only one thing:
To live with him in his house
my whole life long.
I'll contemplate his beauty;
I'll study at his feet.

5 That's the only quiet, secure place
in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
far from the buzz of traffic.

6 God holds me head and shoulders
above all who try to pull me down.
I'm headed for his place to offer anthems
that will raise the roof!
Already I'm singing God-songs;
I'm making music to God.

7-9 Listen, God, I'm calling at the top of my lungs:
"Be good to me! Answer me!"
When my heart whispered, "Seek God,"
my whole being replied,
"I'm seeking him!"
Don't hide from me now!

9-10 You've always been right there for me;
don't turn your back on me now.
Don't throw me out, don't abandon me;
you've always kept the door open.
My father and mother walked out and left me,
but God took me in.

11-12 Point me down your highway, God;
direct me along a well-lighted street;
show my enemies whose side you're on.
Don't throw me to the dogs,
those liars who are out to get me,
filling the air with their threats.

13-14 I'm sure now I'll see God's goodness
in the exuberant earth.
Stay with God!
Take heart. Don't quit.
I'll say it again:
Stay with God.


Remember I'd like to hear from you as I count my blessings!

30 comments:

Sheryl said...

lisa, i don't usually check blogs in the morning...guess this was God.

Lord, I pray that you would surround Lisa with a peace that she can physically feel. Guide the doctor today to get just exactly what he needs. We pray for clean results. We pray that in and through all of this, Lisa would not be gripped by fear but your love.

~In Jesus' name

I've been where you are today. I was blessed that my results were ok, but I do understand getting caught up in the unknown. You are loved and prayed for.

Rose Ann Coffey said...

II Corinthians 7:5 - the joy God sends to us, in our conflicts on the outside and our fears on the insid, is from the care, concern and prayer of our friends. The unknown is ...... the known is GOD IS GOOD. I love you Mom.

His Girl said...

Praying! Praying! Praying!

Andrea said...

I am praying for you! I have been there and done that..multiple times! Hang in there...the waiting is the worst part. I am here for you!
Blessings and prayers, andrea

Nana Jul said...

PS. 3:3 But you are a shield around me O LORD, you bestow glory on me and lift my head!

PRAYING right now!!!
Lord, let Lisa see you moving about her today...make her focus YOU! Take away her fear, Lord comfort, and peace pour over her anxious mind.
In Jesus name.
Amen

Gretchen said...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11.

This verse spoke to me as I read your post today, Lisa. I'll be praying for your comfort and peace,your healing, and your boldness of faith, my friend. xxxooogretchen

nancygrayce said...

Lisa, I came over from Sheryl's blog and I stopped to pray for you.

Alleluiabelle said...

Dear One,

I am praying for you right now. Our God is a Great God of Hope, Love, Grace, Tender Mercies and so much more. He is the Divine Physician and His miracles are made new with each and every passing day. Out in this vast world of ours miracles are happening and they can happen to you, to me, to all of us.

I'm resting in Him as well my friend. I was meant to come here today to read your post, to inspire me and to hear others comments and pieces of Scripture. I'm standing with you in praying and praising God through your trials, our trials, through it all dear sister.

I love you and will continue to pray for you always.

I will check back in later today to check up on you.

Peace, Love & Big Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Andrea said...

Lisa you are in my prayers! May God give you the peace to know that in ALL things He is present. Thank you for sharing so that we could pray with you!
Blessings
Andrea

Melanie said...

Yes, I will be praying.
I can't even tell you how many times we have read Psalm 27 since the end of August.
Love,
Melanie@Bella~Mella

sonja said...

Lisa:
I'm so glad I checked your page right now. I am PRAYING, that very thing God is speaking to me about, and I am TRUSTING with you and for you. Father, hold Lisa close right now and may she rest in the FACT that you are in control and you know every detail about her. Thank you for your sure and perfect answers. Give your victory and peace.

Psalm 27 just jumped off the page at me. I pray every word of it for you right now.

Love,
Sonja

Bernie said...

Lisa, I am off blog for a few days right now due to family matters but when I saw the word biopsy I just had to pop over. Know that I am praying very, very hard for you my young friend.....all will be fine Lisa, I just know it. Luv you...Hugs

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Lisa, my prayers are with you. It is good for you to have the biopsies. I had two biopsies ten years ago. I put them off through 6 months of worry. They were benign. It would have been easier on me to find out earlier! Had they been malignant, I would have been in trouble! Good girl for checking early!

Debbie said...

Lisa, count me in. I'm praying for you right now. May the spirit of fear leave you. Remember Philippians 4:6-7 -

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

We will pray for you Lisa regarding this biopsy. Then we will be thankful that the Lord hears our prayers and leave it there with Him. As you trust in Him and allow Him to guard your heart AND MIND, He will fill you with HIS PEACE.

May you be comforted by the prayers of your sisters in Christ and that God hears and knows ALL.

In Jesus' name we pray.

Debbie

Carol Joy said...

"FEAR NOT", my favorite two words in the Bible. This one directly from God. For you Lisa, for me Carol Joy, and for all of us. God wants us to ask HIm "EVERYTHING by prayer"....no matter what we "feel"... He responds with "FEAR NOT, FOR I AM WITH YOU", none of this is new to Him, keep looking UP, He is walking right along with you through this.
xxxxx
Carol Joy

angie128 said...

Praying peace for you today.

Rachel Kerbel said...

oh Lisa! I had no idea! I will pray for you right now! More than anything, I pray that God will graciously give you strength and healing, you are loved by many!

Moshelle said...

I'm praying! You hold a very special place in my heart dear friend. Philipians 4:4-7
The miracle is that in Christ we really can walk through fearful and uncertain times knowing a peace that is more than we can imagine or understand.

Jackie said...

Praying for you!!!

"Don't panic. I am with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you." Isaiah 4:10 Msg.

No weapons formed against you shall prosper!!! YOU ARE the healed of the Lord, Lisa!!

Standing with you!

He is Faithful!!
Jackie

Denise @ A Sacred Longing said...

I am praying for you Lisa. May you feel the strength and protection of all the prayers. More importantly, may you feel the arms of God surround you.

Shalom,
Denise

Shanda said...

I took the jeep over from Amber's place...

I am agreeing with you in prayer Lisa. My mom died at the age of 40 from breast cancer so I have wrestled with glimpses of this kind of fear off and on for quite some time. It is crazy how fear grips you and you in turn seem to grip it back; the cool thing is that when we release our grip, it often is forced to release it's grip on us.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear..." I John 4:17

I am praying that as you press in, that God would encompass you with His love and that it would drive away your fear.

I love this Psalm written by David when he was in the Desert of Judah. I will share a small portion, but it is worth reading in it's entirety. Psalm 63:7-8 "Because you are my help, I will sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me."

Cling to Him and sing in the shadow of His wings...

You are not alone. We stand with you in prayer.

Denise said...

I am lifting your name high up in my prayers. Asking God to lay His hands of comfort and peace upon you.

B His Girl said...

Lisa, I have been out most of the day. Praying for you as I type this. I pray for your biopsy not be anything to be concerned with. I pray you feel all the prayers being lifted in your behalf. You are precious and I wish I could give you a big hug now. God is with you. love, B

Brian & Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Soon-to-be Langhoff said...

I am praying! I will share this with Brian and we will continuously cover you in prayer! God is SOVEREIGN and knows EVERY little detail about us! He is our HOPE! <3

LisaShaw said...

Lisa, I understand. I'm praying with and for you.

Psalm 103:1-5, Psalm 27:13-14, Jeremiah 29:11 and more...

Remember, NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU SHALL PROSPER IN THE NAME OF JESUS!!!

Love and prayers dear friend. Hold on to JESUS. He is with you.

Jen said...

Even though the day is done and I'm just now reading this, our God is a God of miracles and a God of perfect timing. Praying for you now....

Tiffani said...

Hey Lisa,
It's Tiffani from the safari girls and I am definitely praying...I am just now getting this but I don't think you'll mind be praying from this point forward, right?! ;)

"He is able to do immeasureably more!"

Joyful said...

Lisa, I'm just reading this now. Praying with you as you await the results. I have been in that place of waiting as well.

I've found it so interesting today that last night I wrote about fear, the P31 devotional today was about overcoming fear, and so many blogs I've visited today are about fear. Remember, in every circumstance we always, ALWAYS have the choice to be brave. We are more than conquerors.

Desiring to live in that 'more than',
Hugs,
Joy

Amanda said...

Praying for you.
Healing for you.
Amanda