home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Think Forward

As I said yesterday, my mind's all a flutter. My thoughts are all over the place. I think one reason is that I'm trying to think forward.

New Year's is a time I want to enter with some clear, intentional goals in place. I like a theme for my year. 2009 was The Year of Yes. Granted it was towards the end of January when God whispered the year's theme to my soul. Yet it remained the year of yes.

Saying yes led me many new places. Women's Retreats, bloggy meetings and late nights with Jesus were all part of my year. Placing a sign in my yard, packing my home into boxes and saying "yes" before I know to what or to where is how my year will end.

At the same time another year is beginning. I want to intentionally reach for Jesus. I want to hear his voice more clearly. I want to say yes more quickly. I want to embrace him in all of his goodness all the time all the way.

I want our family to love one another better. I'm praying we listen more. I'm praying gentleness and kindness become second nature...or rather first. I want us to have deep fellowship with each other and with Jesus.

I want to cherish my friends. Go deep with them. Love them well.

God just keeps blowing me away with his goodness. I'm praying I can get my thoughts together and organize with intentionality my new year's list of goals. This does make the mind flutter. Trying to look back and look forward thoughtfully making my brain think with some sort of vision. Whew! So that's what's on my fluttering mind tonight. What's on yours going into 2010?




2 comments:

Bernie said...

Liz, this is a beautiful post...hearing you say "yes" when I am struggling with saying "no". I think your open heart and open mind have given you a wonderful balance....Happy New Year my friend, I look forward to blogging with you in 2010.....:-) Hugs

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

What beautiful thoughts you have penned! I, too, want to draw closer to our Lord during 2010.

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog! Encouraging!

You have a beautiful family! I look forward to coming back often to see what you all are up to!

God bless and Happy New Year!

Marilyn...in Mississippi