home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

So Much

My mind is all a jumble right now. Although I have pictures of this whole lovely Christmas celebration flashing through my mind, I can't seem to connect the cord to the camera and the computer to share them. I will in time. For now I'm just enjoying the reruns in my mind.

We decided to increase our packing and readying a notch or two this week. So last night we up into the wee hours of the morning. Ahem 3 AM to be exact. Unloading a trailer of scary tailgate stuff and reloading with neatly boxed housewares. We got the trailer half full and went to bed knowing that someone would call first thing this morning to view the house. Well, of course they did! We scurried for about an hour and a half, put the children to work, worked ourselves and loaded that trailer full and carted it off again.

Bad news, I had to do my hair and makeup in the car today. Good news, they're coming back for a second showing tomorrow. Pray it sells. I'm ready to move, tired of waiting and eager to decide where I'll be living. I'm reminding myself all the while that God knows already where we will lay our heads when this house sells. He knows when this house will sell and exactly how busy things are about to get. I think I'll just leave all the thinking to Him because just typing that scares me a little. Excites me but scares me too.

Lastly, this post is all over the place because we just got word that yet another friend suffering with cancer has been released to hospice care. I just really hate cancer! As my husband and I got the news, I began asking God why again. Why does it have to be this way? I also ask God to heal our friend, Layne and let his family enjoy him awhile longer, let his very.young.sons get to know their daddy and let his wife experience grace, peace, joy and rest like never before.

Erin and Layne go to our church. They have two precious little boys ages 2 and 4. I had the pleasure of teaching their 4-year-old in Cubbies last year at Awanas. Layne has brain cancer. He has been battling it quite awhile. Their 4-year-old has been sick and was hospitalized last week in Texas Childrens but is doing fine now. Layne has been in the hospital at MD Anderson since Saturday but is home now also. All that to say, I know Erin is weary. Please lift Erin and Layne boldly before the throne of grace with me.

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16




3 comments:

Denise @ A Sacred Longing said...

I am praying for Erin and Layne.

Shalom,
Denise

Andrea said...

Praying for Erin and Layne. Cancer is horrible....such a vile attack on a body.

Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea

sonja said...

Praying right now for this family. Thanks for sharing it Lisa.