home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, December 07, 2009

Oh Silent Night


Here it is nighttime. Christmastime. The most wonderful time of the year.

One of the reasons I love this time of year is all of our after school activities cease. For a brief time we come home from school, get our homework done and still have time to cuddle under warm blankies while gazing at the wonder of a sparkly tree and glowing fire. Then everyone is off to bed a little earlier than they were during the frenzied soccer/football season of yestermonth and I hear it once more.

Silence.

Blessed silence.

I currently have Christmas music playing, Handel's Messiah, in case you're curious. The lamplight is dim and the Christmas tree is sparkling. And a yummy peppermint vanilla candle is making my house smell all yum.

In the silence I can hear so clearly. I love, love nights like these. Lingering in the silence fills me with peace and clarity and vision and purpose. I love to sit. To wait. To linger. My favorite type of night.

Oh silent night
Oh holy night

"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength...it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD." (Isaiah 30:15 & Lamentations 3:26)

And P.S. My Christmas tree is in yet another new spot this year :) I love how God can bring on the change!

5 comments:

Faye said...

Lisa, what a beautiful post! I really needed this today! Hope you have a great day! Blessings

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

I love those times as well; with nothing (good or bad) to distract me from precious time with my Father.

Love you, and thank you for the image of peacefulness before the start of my hectic day!

Christiana said...

Thanks for your sweet comment, Lisa!

Your tree is so beautiful - and I can feel the peace of the season coming through your post.

Hope this Christmastime, your family shares in all the love, joy, and wonder He made available with His precious birth.

Andrea said...

I love those times like this when GOD tenderly speaks to my spirit.

Your tree is beautiful.
Blessings, andrea

greenwriters said...

It was very interesting to me at you. I shall be very glad to see you on my blog http://greenwriters.blogspot.com/.