home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year Ahead!

I love that on this last day of 2009 the first words I read in my One Year Bible were, "Songs of Victory in Heaven." I can begin with the end in mind. What a great way to start 2010!

I can dream about seeing"...a white horse standing there. Its rider named Faithful and True...His eyes like flames of fire and on his head many crowns...He wears a robe dipped in blood and his title is the Word of God." (Revelation 19:11-13)

Someday my Lord will come for me. My Rescuer riding on a white horse to sweep me off my feet to a paradise he's preparing for me now. As long as I remember that, momentary trials seem just that, temporary. With that beautiful thought beheld in my mind, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, laundry and the millionth game of Cranium sounds pretty good, eh?

Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14

Happy New Year's Ya'll!

3 comments:

Wilhelmine Mitchell said...

Happy and Properous New Year to you and Andy and the children!

Kathy S. said...

I can dream about seeing"...a white horse standing there. Its rider named Faithful and True...His eyes like flames of fire and on his head many crowns...He wears a robe dipped in blood and his title is the Word of God." (Revelation 19:11-13)

Ah, He knows the way to a woman's heart is to romance her! Love this display of His Splendor...Cannot begin to imagine it's reality though!

Indeed a wonderful way to start a new year!
Blessings!

LisaShaw said...

Thanks for sharing your heart with us. I came by to say Happy New Year to you and your family. Peace and joy in Jesus now and always.