home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, December 14, 2009

Greater Things

I’m preparing to run. I’m nervous. Farther than I’ve run for a few months is my goal. It’s because I need the clarity, the focus and the strength that running gives me. I need to hear from God. Remember, it’s our conversation spot. When something that takes all my physical energy begins to occupy my brain space, it frees God to speak. In my weakness, I can hear. Really listen.

I’m ready. I’ve accepted the invitation. God’s given me encouragement lately by reminding me, “Without change, nothing changes.” I want change. I’m ready for change. I’ll face the hard, look difficult in the eye and proclaim victory.

The challenge has always been overcoming in my mind first. It’s true. If I think I can, I can. Today I will. I will rise and I will run. Today is another day in my “Take that Forty” quest. I will prove once again that greater things have yet to come. And I will be encouraged.

If anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father. John 14:12




5 comments:

Denise @ A Sacred Longing said...

Run well, run hard and listen, my friend!

Shalom,
Denise

Laura said...

I totally get this one! I call them Prayer Runs. Have a good one!

Denise said...

May you have a blessing of a run sweetie.

LisaShaw said...

I stopped by before I take a blog break to say it's a blessing to know you Lisa and I pray a peaceful and Jesus filled Christmas for you and your family and a New Year filled with HIS JOY.

Much love...

Faith Imagined said...

I want to run just reading this post! Have a blessed Christmas!!!