home about speaking she cares resources contact

Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Gift

Pray for Andrew
(To read Andrew's story click on the picture above.)

Upon hearing of Andrew’s death I was speechless and numb. As I began to weep, I started to pray.

“Lord, you know I love you. You know I trust you. You know I believe you are good. But, Lord, you know I have to ask ‘Why?’”

“Why now? At Christmastime?”

“I hate that I am preparing to go buy my children Christmas presents and Melanie is preparing to bury her son.”

“Why?”

And quietly, in my questioning, He spoke.

Lisa, why are you buying your children gifts?

“Because I love them, Lord and I want to shower them with affection. I want them to celebrate an outward expression of my love.”

And what will you do with the gifts that you buy?

“I’ll wrap them and place them under the tree for my children on Christmas Day, Lord.”

What will your children do with the gifts?

“Why they’ll take delight in them and enjoy them and use them.”

Even quieter…

What will Melanie do with Andrew?

Me, softly, “She’ll place him in a box and present him to you, Lord.”

And I will take great delight in him and enjoy him and use him.

You may not see it yet, but Melanie is blessed among women. She has the opportunity to give me a very precious, rare and costly gift that most can never give. She knows I will use his story.


12 comments:

Andrea said...

AMEN...

Faith Imagined said...

I am heartbroken. I will be praying.

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

I hate when children die.

I had no idea Andrew passed away. Thank you for posting this, Sis. I put something up on my blog too.

Weeping with you...

Sandy

Laura said...

Oh, Lisa. We need reminded of this when such a terrible loss occurs. There is great rejoicing in heaven right now.

Denise said...

Beautifully said sweetie.

sonja said...

Lisa:

This was so beautifully written. It blessed me to read, and I know it will bless Andrew's family.
Andrew is more alive than he's ever been... right now, as he is face to face with Jesus for Christmas.

My prayers will continue for this family. We have all gotten a fresh glimpse of eternity as we have prayed for Andrew.

Kelly Combs said...

God will use this event for his glory. I believe it.

Melanie said...

Sweet Lisa,
I want you to know that my best friend, Alisa of Carolina Panache, read your beautiful tribute "The Gift" at Andrew's service. Many, many were touched and blessed at the message in "The Gift." We also made copies of it for people to take. I can't express to you how much your beautiful words mean to me. Hope to see you very soon.
Love,
Melanie

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

profound...

peace~elaine

Kathy S. said...

And that, dear Sister, is beautiful!

MyShilohRanch said...

Omigosh, what an awesome revelation! Obviously divinely inspired. Incredible ... I will be praying for Andrew's Mom and loved ones.
PS: I am HisGirl's mommy

Amanda said...

This is just absolutely beautiful! Wow!