home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, December 18, 2009

Believing the Impossible

I had the privilege of talking with Melanie this morning. Our fellowship was sweet as she shared precious memories and pieces of Andrew's personality with me. I will cherish the conversation forever.

As she was sharing she said she felt that in their fight she had laid aside some truths. Specifically, this truth: "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him." 2 Corinthians 2:14

First, let me say, and I think ya'll all would agree with me, that I have never seen Melanie lay aside truth. She has carried more truth, spoken more truth, meditated on more truth during the past four months than anyone I've ever known. She is truly a lady filled with faith.

After we got off the phone, I pondered the triumphal procession. I began to think about Lazarus. Upon his death, noone was looking for a miracle. In fact, every.single.person thought that once Lazarus had died, it was too late for Jesus to do anything. Martha even tell him that he's too late!

God chose to heal Lazarus because he was moved. The Bible says Jesus was moved by the Spirit. . John 11 The New Living even says because he was angered. I like to think God is angered by cancer, don't you?

I am asking God to be moved for the sake of Andrew and the Dorseys. I am choosing to believe the impossible. I am asking God to raise Andrew from the dead. I know He has. I know He can. I am choosing to believe He will.

And I am praying with all my might that He will give me the faith to believe it. Won't you join me?

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37

5 comments:

Denise said...

I join you heart to heart, faith to faith sweet sis. With our God all things are possible.

tiggerdaisy said...

Amen girl! I'm believing with you for a healing, too! God can, has and will continue to do these miracles if we will continue to stand on His word and His truth!

Prayers and blessings as you stand in faith! There is nothing impossible with God. NOTHING!

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

This morning in my chronological Bible reading I read: "Women received their loved ones back again from death." Hebrews 11:35 I am not a prophet, but this just reminded me and confirmed in my heart, that God can. I also realize that if we could see Andrew now, we would never ask that he return. I can't even imagine his joy and peace. He's actually going to celebrate Christmas with the Christ of Christmas.

Praying for all.

Lazarus said...

You wrote: every single person thought that once Lazarus had died, it was too late for Jesus to do anything.

Not quite. Jesus had said "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep."

When Jesus headed to Bethany at that time, he was NOT sad over loosing his friend Lazarus for knew that he was NOT
going to a funeral but, rather, would be attending a raising from the dead and would see his "friend" Lazarus moments thereafter.

Jesus had waited two days after hearing that Lazarus was sick and then after he knew and stated that "Lazarus is dead" he then told his disciples "I am glad for your sakes that I was not there".

So, when Jesus headed to Bethany at that time, he (and any of the disciples that believed what he had said) did not think that "it was too late for Jesus to do anything".

lisasmith said...

Anonymous #2, I love your wisdom in these words. All you say is true, I just could have never had said it so eloquently.

Lazarus, Maybe I did not clearly make my point. Jesus did say that and although the disciples heard, the only response the Bible records is that of Thomas who says, "Let us go so that we may die with him." That is not quite a hope filled comment of belief!
Martha also tells Jesus after she says that he is too late that she believes he can choose to resurrect him.

I think the responses of humans to Lazarus' death are just that. Human. My point in writing this is just that I want to have type of faith that doesn't think praying for someone to be resurrected from the dead is anything other than "normal" I want my faith to be big and truly, madly, deeply believe that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.

God bless you all for your prayers.