home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Preparation

Prepare the way for freedom, life and salvation. That's what I got as I read about John the Baptist's message last week. Prepare the way...

John the Baptist was called to prepare the way for Jesus. He was a forerunner of the gospel. He foretold of God's promises coming to earth.

I've been contemplating how John sets an example for me. Does my life tell of God's promises that have come and are coming to earth? Am I calling out in this dry land that I have the answer? I know where the water is that won't leave anyone thirsty ever again even in this dry, dry place!

The scriptures say John the Baptist was a voice in the wilderness. When I close my eyes and see the desert, I can hear him shouting.

Often times I feel as if I'm shouting in the wilderness to deaf ears. My voice gets lost in the wind whether it be the climate here in my home or outside my house.

I know where relief from chasing the "American Dream" can be found. I'm amazed on a daily basis the messages that even our young children get to chase after the elusive hard and fast. John's message was different. It was hard to hear. So is mine. But to those that are searching it is as refreshing as a cold bottle of water after a long trek through the hot, sandy desert.

Even a rough mess can be made smooth and neat if we humble ourselves before the One who created the desert.

I love John's message. I've adopted it as my own.
“He is a voice shouting in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord’s coming!
Clear the road for him!
The valleys will be filled,
and the mountains and hills made level.
The curves will be straightened,
and the rough places made smooth.
And then all people will see
the salvation sent from God.’”

Luke 3:4-6



2 comments:

Still Learning said...

I love it!!! Been trying to do that for awhile now & it is a little depressing how many people could care less. It hurts.

Love the encouragement, thanks.

Jenn

LisaShaw said...

"Even a rough mess can be made smooth and neat if we humble ourselves before the One who created the desert."

Well said!

Blessings.