home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, October 16, 2009

Just for Today








Today was a better day. A good day. A day that I will think back on with smiles.

The boy who spilled paprika all over my carpet cleaned out his entire closet by himself complete with vacuuming. He organized the mountain of toys, finished obsessively and was insanely proud of his accomplishment. I was pretty darn proud myself.

So proud we celebrated and went for ice cream when we picked up the big kids from school.

Then we had an evening school performance. That same boy sat in his chair, clapped his hands and tapped his feet with the music for the whole performance. He was as proud as I was to be a part of this big, energetic, slightly crazy family.

It was a good day.

Here are their angelic, sweet, happy smiles. I hope they make you smile too.

Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left. Lamentations 3:22-24



9 comments:

Joyful said...

Glad today was a better day...and absolutely adore all your family pics!!!! Sweet family.

Have a great weekend,
Joy

B His Girl said...

Smiles from here too. Enjoy! B

Still Learning said...

Sounds like a great day, I just love those special days with my kids. Glad you had fun together and accomplished a lot too.

Jenn

Andrea said...

Beautiful post from a beautiful mommie heart. Thank you for sharing those sweet smiles with all of us, today.

Blessings,
andrea

PS: I have a prayer request for my brother in law on arise 2 write.

Andrea said...

Thank you for your prayers and please add him to all prayer groups you are a part of. We just got a formal diagnosis this evening. I will post about it later. It is Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia. We still do not know what stage. The Oncologist will talk to them in depth on Monday.
GOD BLESS YOU, andrea

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

What beautiful kids!!! I hope your day is beautiful and joyful!

XOXO,
Lindsey

Lora said...

Smiles are contagious! They are darlin'.

LisaShaw said...

Praise the LORD!

Tea With Tiffany said...

:) :) :)