home about speaking she cares resources contact

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cancer, Be Gone!

Tonight I am calling on the power of prayer. I know my bloggy friends call on a mighty God for real life miracles.

This past week my family had an up close and personal conversation with cancer. The "cancer, get lost!" kind of talk to be specific.

My sister-in-law, Tracy, has been diagnosed with stage 1 cervical cancer. Although, the doctor is 99% sure all of the cancer was removed with surgery last week, there remains a slight chance the cancer remains. A blood vessel has a spot on it.

Tomorrow morning Tracy is meeting with her oncologist for the first time to determine her treatment. Most likely, a hysterectomy will be involved. Please pray for the easiest surgery possible for her. Please pray that the cancer has not spread into the lymphatic system. Please pray that God would completely heal and restore her body.

Also lift up my brother, Trey and their four children. Their friends have done an amazing job ministering to them by bringing meals, groceries, volunteering to drive children around and even pooling their sick days as Tracy doesn't have any left. She and my brother are both middle school administrators.

As I pray for them I feel that God is giving them a tipping point.

Webster's defines the tipping point as the culmination of a build-up of small changes that effects a big change

I'm praying that this would be a point that things would turn. Struggles would cease, health would improve, waiting would breed answers and faith would breed hope. I'm also praying that the bowl of prayers in heaven would fill so full it will tip and all the prayers prayed for their family would be answered.

Will you join me in praying healing, provision, peace and showers of blessing to the Meadors?

Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. Revelation 5:8

Tonight I am remembering my bloggy friends who need a real life miracle too. Keep praying for Andrew and Denise's sis-in-law.






6 comments:

Denise @ A Sacred Longing said...

Oh Lisa, I consider it a honor to join with you in prayer for your sister in law! I love the analogy of a tipping point!

Shalom,
Denise

PS thank you for passing on my SIL's prayer needs.

Andrea said...

Joining you in prayer for Tracy, Andrew, and Denise's sister in law.

B His Girl said...

Amen to cancer be gone. Joining you in prayer Lisa. Your light is shining bright! B

Yolanda said...

Lord, comfort this family. Not a one of us likes that dreaded word, cancer, and so we also ask Father that You would provide a way for cancer to no longer be. Thank You Lord. Amen.

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Absolutely praying!

Love you!

LisaShaw said...

Praying for Tracy Lisa! Cancer be gone in the Name of Jesus!! Indeed!!!