home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Timing

So often I lament what I'm going through. You know what I mean. They why me's and the oh no's so often invade our minds and we begin to doubt.

Do you believe in God's sovereignty? I mean really believe?

Webster's defines sovereign as being above all others in character, importance, excellence.

If we believe God knows best then why do we doubt the happenings in our life? If only I'd done this instead of that or this happened last year or if only I'd known the what I know now. You get the picture.

I've been pondering timing lately. I do believe that my life to this point has prepared me to deal with my life at this point. Does that make sense? The opportunities I have today were meant solely for today because yesterday I was not yet ready to take advantage of them.

That's how God planned it.

As I read and pondered the story of Esther, I wondered if she recognized God's sovereignty in her own life. Mordecai did and he was able to encourage her to walk in her purpose because God had prepared her and called her.

She even says she will approach the king and if she dies, she dies. Maybe we all face some resignation in receiving the gift of timing.

I'm going for it but if I lose, I lose.

Recognize the right opportunity for today.

Who knows? Maybe you were made queen for just such a time as this. Esther 4:14


In good time,

2 comments:

B His Girl said...

I think you are right Lisa. Yesterday prepared us for today. Yes, you should go for it. You have everything to gain: ) B

Andrea said...

Lisa,
Thank you. I needed this post, today.
Blessings, andrea