home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Strong Cords

After being married for twelve years, my husband and I have many ideas and dreams that we think are our own but have actually been adopted from the other.

Many dreams we once had have died and been long forgotten.

We have spent a greater part of 2009 trying to breathe life into the dead dreams, prioritize our goals and organize a plan to realize some of those old dreams...and maybe even a few new ones along the way!

Embarking on this journey of dreams has been a rather wild ride. There are days we are both so enthusiastic it's obnoxious to outsiders who are not privvy to our innermost desires. There are days when it's super hard to keep on going.

I have noticed that when I stumble along the path he is always there to pull me up alongside him with a strong and reassuring hand. Other days I have felt myself pushing him from behind to make a steep path traversible.

I love how when one is down the other is up and vice versa. I am so blessed to be traveling on the narrow path with him. I am so grateful to know the One who goes before us is making the journey worthwhile and the destination possible.

Reminded of some "marriage verses" today:

A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12


2 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Hi Sis,

Thanks for sharing the strong cords of your marriage with us. Absolute blessing and I so relate!

Did you know that when you click on your network blog for facebook on your side bar it says that your blog is not found?

Love you.

Lora said...

A wild ride indeed dear one! I love how in our marriage relationship that my weaknesses are the Salesman's strengths too.

"A triple braided cord is not easily broken" - such a good word!

Blessings!