home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Meeting Lindsey





Thursday I traveled to the D6 conference in Dallas where I had the good pleasure of meeting some bloggy buddies. Lindsey, Vern and Leah were there. Yaay!

Sadly I missed Renee, who was in her room resting. Please add your prayers for the Swope family as they prepare to travel to Ethiopia to meet their baby girl, Aster. Please pray for health, rest and peace for them in the midst of life and ministry.

Lindsey and I had a long dinner with a million discussions all wrapped up in a spicy chicken salad from Pei Wei. Meeting someone you've known for awhile from reading their blog and even a long chat by phone is exciting, fun and strange all squished together. I felt immediately comfortable with Lindsey but every once in awhile I'd glance over at her and be reminded that I know her but I don't. Get it?

My favorite thing about knowing Lindsey in real life is her dimples. I'm taking that smile with me and continuing to praise God for friends who meet my heart before my flesh.

Gotta love the blog ya'll!!



4 comments:

B His Girl said...

How fun to meet someone you kind of know! In Oct. I will meet several bloggers at the Bloggers Retreat. I can't wait! B

Andrea said...

What a wonderful experience. I recently had the privilege of meeting a blogging friend. Blessings and prayers, andrea

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Aw, you are so sweet! It was truly a pleasure meeting you as well, and I loved our conversation!

And my ENTIRE family has the dimples...hubby and both kids as well as me! I love them too :-)

LisaShaw said...

Precious!