home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, September 04, 2009

I Did Life with Lisa (Shaw)


Adding to my list of friends that I have hugged in real life is one of my favorite things to do! Who knew that in the year 2009, I would travel to so many new places and meet face-to-face so many friends from this wonderful bloggy community?

Who knew?

Well, I know Who knew.

On my flirty little spontaneous say farewell to summer getaway, I got to meet a new friend.

Lisa is just one of those ladies who makes you a better person for knowing. Every single comment she leaves on my blog makes me want to pray, intercede in a mighty way. Visiting with her in person was like that too. I left feeling stronger, encouraged and grateful.

Meeting her in person (and her gorgeous daughter) was a privilege and a blessing. She took time from her busy weekend to drive across Orlando to visit with me. And, as if meeting her wasn't enough, she brought me gifts. This lady gave me not one, but two, Bibles!!! What better gift than that? Really, meeting her was one great blessing!

She encourages women to find their purpose and daily live it. She is so others' focused that she just oozes sweetness and compassion. She also oozes Jesus and his mighty power. If you don't know her, take a minute to stop by her place and visit.

4 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

I love Lisa...and you. What a fun time that must have been! Orlando is where my husband is from so the next time I go, I'm calling her up. :) Glad you both were blessed with meeting each other. Friends for life.

Denise @ A Sacred Longing said...

Beautiful! I can't wait until one day when I get to meet a bloggy friend! :o) I know it will happen!

Shalom,
Denise

B His Girl said...

How fun! I will meet Lisa at the blogging retreat in October. B

Lora said...

What a blessing to meet Lisa - she is a jewel - as are you!