home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Drink More

I've been having some moments where my faith is being assaulted. Now my foundational beliefs are solid but the part of the that looks for the things to come is definitely under attack!

Hebrews 11:1 tells me, "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen."

So I guess what I'm saying is I've been living a little unsure lately. My confidence is lacking.

One of the primary things that gets me successfully through each day is being sure of what will come. On days like this, my main quest becomes receiving new confidence and becoming sure once again.

As I lamented to the Lord earlier, I began looking at where I'd stepped off the narrow road. I've been asking for a fresh revelation to strengthen my steps and lengthen my stride. As I was driving along planning my day in my head, the manna came.

Drink more.

Instantly I knew its meaning. I needed to linger at the well. Living water will wash my soul and clear my vision. John 7:38 says, "Rivers of living water will brim and spill out of the depths of anyone who believes in me." Does that sound like joyful confidence or what?

I just needed a good washing with the word. Time to ponder, experience and recharge. Time in the presence of Living Water.

So that in the future I will surely say, "what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen."


With confidence,

4 comments:

Denise @ A Sacred Longing said...

As it is true for our physical bodies so it is for our spiritual life - dehydration weakens and kills.

Thirsty for more!
Please visit my blog today for a urgent prayer request. We need prayer for a family member!

Shalom,
Denise

Yolanda said...

Lisa,

Don't you love it when God speaks to your soul and you just know? Drink more...that's what I'm after.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Laura said...

Girl, we're on the same page. I've been having trouble filling my bucket lately...can't seem to make it to the well. Last night, as I set my alarm for a later time (I usually try to get up an hour early to be with Him but lately have been snoozing through) I prayed that He would wake me up earlier if He wanted to see me. Got up this morning, usual time...packed the boys lunches, was getting ready to fix breakfast when I happened to glance at the clock. It was 5am! That tricksty Lord set my clock ahead an hour so I would get my lazy butt out of bed.

He makes me smile.

LisaShaw said...

Aww, a good washing in the Word!

Drink more -- how refreshing.

Love you.