home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Die Empty

I've been listening to some motivational speaking on CD. I recently fell in love with Myles Munroe.

Reaching one's full potential is something we talk of, dream of and reach for regularly. Actually doing it, now that's another story.

A cliche even, some would say. Because in order to reach our full potential we must never become satisfied with our most current accomplishment less we become complacent and stop developing.

Potential comes form the root word meaning power. To be full of power is to be full of potential. Potential is hidden power, unleashed creativity and unused talent. To recognize my own power strengthens me. Becoming who I was meant to be is realizing potential.

The question becomes, "Who was I created to be?" In order to answer it, I must spend time with the One who created me because I want the answer. I want potential realized in my life. I want creativity unleashed, talent used up and power on display for the world to see.

As I live a life recognizing my own power to make a mark on humanity, which comes from the power of Christ within me, I pour out my gifts, my talent, my words, my actions, my service on my fellow man.

I long to live a life poured out, a life well spent not saved. A life wasted on worshipping Jesus not just wasted. Potential used up for his purpose with nothing left to realize.

I long to be one who finishes well.

I want to die empty.

Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 1 Corinthians 9:24

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always thought about leaving on empty. I love how Paul talks about being poured out. He finished well and so will we if we run for the prize. Thanks for this Lisa. It is a great reminder as I start running today. B