home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, August 03, 2009

Word of the Day

Opportunity:
a situation or condition favorable for attainment of a goal.

Today I'm pondering an opportunity. Have you ever been in a position where the Lord just whispers the word, "Opportunity" to your soul.

I recently had one of those experiences. I don't feel like I have to have an answer right now. I do feel like He'll show me what He wants me to do if I seek Him diligently. Seek Him without wavering. Seek Him without listening to friends' words before I listen to His words.

So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. Ephesians 5:15-17

I don't have an opinion just yet or an answer I just know that this is decision making time. I have been presented with an opportunity.

Actually, I am presented with opportunities every single day. Unfortunately I squander many opportunities to do good, love others and make a difference in my world.

I'm asking God about today's opportunity. How far will a yes reach? What will a no cost? What will a yes cost, for that matter? Will it be worth it? Am I willing to do what it takes? Is this a chosen vehicle to share my faith and to touch others?

I am praying that as I go about my day, I would be more aware of opportunities around me. That I would seize those of great potential and promise. That I would sort treasure from trash, extraordinary from ordinary and invitation from distraction.

I want to say yes to building my faith, sharing my heart and growing my relationships.

Lord, grant me wisdom as I walk through the choices of today.

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith. Galatians 6:9-10

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. James 1:1-3

2 comments:

Joyful said...

Fabulous my friend!

I too, unfortunately, squander opportunities. "I am praying that as I go about my day, I would be more aware of opportunities around me. That I would seize those of great potential and promise. That I would sort treasure from trash, extraordinary from ordinary and invitation from distraction." Thinking that those with "great potential" could still be quite a small opportunity according to our world's standards, but great in God's eyes. May I not look for big opportunities, but His opportunities.

Know the Lord will lead you to His answer as you seek Him,
Joy

B His Girl said...

This is a word for today Lisa. A fresh word. Thank you. I also want to engage in the opportunities He gives. B