home about speaking she cares resources contact

Saturday, August 29, 2009

On My Mind...and Brain


Hello Bloggy Friends,

In April I had the distinct honor of meeting Melanie. I am so thankful for that opportunity and am now calling all of our bloggy friends to prayer action on her behalf.

Melanie needs our prayers. Melanie, from Bella Mella, has a twelve-year-old son. Andrew is undergoing tests at a children's hospital because an MRI revealed a mass on his brain. Would you join me in lifting up Melanie, Andrew and the Dorseys?

The thing that has so amazed me is that when a brain is under attack by the enemy, God keeps putting it on my mind! Honestly, I can't stop thinking, and therefore praying, for Andrew and Melanie and family.

This is the verse I'm claiming for them,"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3

Lord Jesus,
Please touch Andrew's brain with your healing hand. Cover the Dorseys with your healing wings. Be the Prince of Peace that passes all understanding. Be the Great Physician that lets nothing go unnoticed. Be the Lover of their souls providing constant reminders of your unfailing goodness, mercy and kindness towards them. Remind them minute by minute that your plans for Andrew and his future are good. Plans for hope and a future.
Lord, thank you for the honor of praying for one another and the privilege of approaching your throne in boldness.
In Christ's name, Amen!

6 comments:

Still Learning said...

Just said a prayer and I will keep on praying!

God bless

Jenn

B His Girl said...

They are on my mind too. I'm thankful for all the prayers going up for Andrew. Thanks for this post Lisa. B

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Just read that on her blog yesterday- def praying!

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Lisa,
I've already added Melanie's precious son to my prayer list. May God have mercy on him and intervene miraculously!

Laura said...

Oh, Lisa! I am praying for Andrew too. What a devastating think to happen to such a sweet family. But you are right, we must lift them up. Ours is a God who is capable of healing all.

Blessings,
laura

LisaShaw said...

Staying in prayer for Andrew still and trusting in the LORD.

Love ya.