home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Last Dance

This is it. The last week of summer. I love summer. I cry when it's over every year. I cry harder when my children lose their summer glow and start to look pasty from sitting in the classroom day after day after day.

In order to squeeze every last drop out of summer, you won't find me online this week. I'll be enjoying all the things I love about summer. Sunshine, swimming pools, family, friends and laughter. I'll be back next week to fill you in on all the details. Until then...

Summer, how I will mourn your passing. But for today, for the next week, we are going to turn the music up and dance every second of the last dance.

4 comments:

Laura said...

We are squeezing them out too! Miss you, my friend. I'm sorry I've been a wayward bloggy buddy lately, but you are on my mind and in my heart!

Rachel Kerbel said...

oh no summer where did you go?!!! Is Hunter playing football again? We are just doing flag!

Kathryn Taylor said...

Hope you had a great last dance!

Lelia Chealey said...

How fun! I am going to take that approach next summer too. No stress...just fun!